copy files from laptop with broken screen and transfer to another laptop

May 24, 2018
I have an ACER that the screen won't work on...i can get a picture temporarily and then it goes away. I would just like to transfer my files from that laptop to another. What is the best way?

justin.m.beauvais

Prominent
Dec 15, 2017
If you have a desktop and a spare SATA cable you can just pull the hard drive out and plug it into the desktop and copy the files. You could also invest in a SATA to USB adapter. Those are fairly cheap and work well.

Additionally. you could hook the laptop up to a TV via HDMI and use the TV as an external monitor.

Hope that helps.

justin.m.beauvais

Prominent
Dec 15, 2017
If you have a desktop and a spare SATA cable you can just pull the hard drive out and plug it into the desktop and copy the files. You could also invest in a SATA to USB adapter. Those are fairly cheap and work well.

Additionally. you could hook the laptop up to a TV via HDMI and use the TV as an external monitor.

Hope that helps.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 3
C Laptop Tech Support 3
T Laptop Tech Support 6
C Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
B Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 2
K Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 3
R Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 9
T Laptop Tech Support 7
Similar threads
Question took hard drive out of laptop to boot using linux live system resuce now need to save files off hard drive and wipe it
Issues with laptop, File Explorer crashing when plugging in Samsung S9
Lenovo laptop does not open files
Solved! Laptop didn't come with hard drive and I can't recover files...?
Solved! I removed all files from my hard drive and laptop - can I get them back?
Laptop DELL LATITUDE 7480. I need BIOS bin file
Can't open any files on Acer aspire laptop
my Acer Aspire E1 laptop is now not open any files and browse like Firefox
I want to Lenovo 320 laptop "reset without deleting personal files" option takes?
Problem recovering HD files from dead laptop
My Sony laptop is not working I can't open any files on my laptop
I recently deleted some files from C drive of my laptop now my laptop is not opening what to do...i have Dell Indpiron
dell sold a old laptop as a new laptop need help regarding files and windows logs before date of purchase
When you try booting the laptop it reads on the screen "Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corru
i can't open any file and program in my laptop? last night i was installing k7 antivirus but i stopped it in the middle only..
my motherboard burned on my HP pavillion laptop. I pulled the HD and placed in a USB dock but can't find my files.
Need help deleting files of broken laptop
My laptop won't shut down after I put a file on it and now when I click on the shut down button it doesn't shut down
Laptop acting strange after trying to transfer files from laptop HDD to main desktop PC
Unable to get files from BROKEN Software on laptop

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS