Copying a program to another PC

BoggieSmalls

Commendable
Jun 8, 2016
I want to install a program from a CD to my PC, but my pc doesn't have an optical drive so i installed it on my laptop. I have the setup.exe file copied on my laptop. Can I in any way transfer the full program onto my PC? Thanks in advance for the help.

Solution
MERGED QUESTION
Question from BoggieSmalls : "Copying a program to another PC"

Trusting that you are not violating any copyrights or piracy with respect to the subject .exe file - yes.

If the laptop and PC are both on same network you can share the host folder on the laptop and copy the file to the PC.

You can set up an adhoc network with an ethernet cable just between the PC and laptop. Lot of online tutorials about doing that. Then share the folder.

You...

iXeon

Estimable
Jul 6, 2015
well if you have the setup.exe there's nothing to worry about just copy the setup file to another system by a flash drive or something and then install it like normal.

slyverine

Commendable
Mar 4, 2016
My computer doesn't have an optical drive as well.If your pc and laptop are on same network you share it over the network and your pc can use the cd like it's on it.
http://www.howtogeek.com/114254/how-to-share-cd-dvd-drives-over-the-network-on-windows/

MERGED QUESTION
Question from BoggieSmalls : "Copying a program to another PC"

Trusting that you are not violating any copyrights or piracy with respect to the subject .exe file - yes.

If the laptop and PC are both on same network you can share the host folder on the laptop and copy the file to the PC.

You can set up an adhoc network with an ethernet cable just between the PC and laptop. Lot of online tutorials about doing that. Then share the folder.

You can use a USB flash/thumb drive to transfer the .exe file between the two.

You might be able to zip the file and email it to yourself. Send from the laptop. Open and unziip on PC.

Or borrow (or even purchase) and external USB optical drive - should not cost much and overall will be much simpler to do the install accordingly.

Solution

BoggieSmalls

Commendable
Jun 8, 2016
The program is a german dictionary since i am learning german in school, but aside from the setup.exe file, it has 2 data files, without which i have a dictionary with no words in it. My problem was that i only managed to copy the setup.exe file, so i just ended up borrowing an internal optical drive and installing the program directly on the PC. Thanks for everyone's suggestions though!