Copying DVD and Blu Rays to my PC(hard drive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanny

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
OK,first I want to say that my intent was to rent DVD movies and Blu Ray movies and make copies.Or use movies from a friend and copy to my hard drive then burn them later on.I have paid for and downloaded all the necessary software to do this. I have never attempted to copy any movies to my hard drive before.The only thing I have done was copy a firmware update on a blank DVD disk for my home theatre Blu Ray Player.It was pretty easy.There were a lot of "How to" sites and most were helpful.As I am typing this I gave copying a movie I rented a shot.It has been copying now for about 1hour.The movie is "Ironman(the first one)". Its a DVD.My drive is a Pioneer Blu Ray Burner http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827129051 <>.The software I have is a;CyberLink Power DVD 10 ULTRA<>b;Any DVD<>c;cinema now media manager<>d;Blu Ray Ripper<>e;Any DVD HD<>f;clone DVD<>g;AVS video converter<>h;AVS DVD Copy<>I;AVS 4U software<>...............................etc.I got a lot of this stuff as either free promos and upgraded or bundled with components that I have purchased over the years.I just want figure out the easiest and most effective way to copy any movie whether it is a DVD or Blu Ray to my Hard drive.To me it sounded simple but there is probobly something that I either over looked or am doing completely wrong.Like I said,this is new turf for me,challenging as it may be.All replies are appeciated.

seanny

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009

Copying Blu Ray Discs I own to my hard drive is illegal?Oops.did not realize

seanny

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009

Backing up movies for your own personal use is legal under the Fair Use exception,but when encryption is broke it is illegal.

Ijack

Distinguished

"OK,first I want to say that my intent was to rent DVD movies and Blu Ray movies and make copies. Or use movies from a friend and copy to my hard drive then burn them later on."

"As I am typing this I gave copying a movie I rented a shot. It has been copying now for about 1hour."

Disks you own? Don't come the innocent.

seanny

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009

either way innocent or guilty I still want to copy to my hard drive for my personal use, from a friend, rented, from my dad, from the RedBox at the grocery store.From where ever.Does not matter.I will only be watching them,besides blank blu ray discs are expensive,and so far from me trying to copy this movie I rented,it is taking too much time.I started this morning and it is not done yet.I heard it takes long but not this long..its been going for a while...5 hrs..so far

rwpritchett

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
That's the catch... all copyrighted works on blu-ray are encrypted, so what you are suggesting is illegal.

Seriously! Take the hint and go somewhere else to get your information. Tom's is a unique forum in that it does not allow this kind of discussion. Read the Rules of Conduct (ToS). What you are asking is illegal and will get you banned by the moderators.

Status
Not open for further replies.