Could any 1 tell me if my tv is hd rdy, virgin media are updating my TiVo box to a v6 and they said my TVs got to be he rdy bu

Solution
You will have no problem using the V6 box on this TV - However, it will only display HD at 720P. 'Full HD' resolution is 1080p. But this will not stop the V6 box from displaying a perfectly clear, crisp picture (viewing HD broadcasts). I would suggest upgrading to a higher resolution TV to get the most from the HD channels, but this is completely your decision, and is NOT essential.

I hope this helps,
regards,
K.

pinky_152

Prominent
Sep 24, 2017

Hi thanks for your reply, the make is LG model number 42LC55-ZA 42 inch.

You will have no problem using the V6 box on this TV - However, it will only display HD at 720P. 'Full HD' resolution is 1080p. But this will not stop the V6 box from displaying a perfectly clear, crisp picture (viewing HD broadcasts). I would suggest upgrading to a higher resolution TV to get the most from the HD channels, but this is completely your decision, and is NOT essential.

I hope this helps,
regards,
K.

Solution

pinky_152

Prominent
Sep 24, 2017

pinky_152

Prominent
Sep 24, 2017
Hi K

I really appreciate your help and for taking the time to reply, I feel a lot better now, mainly because they are sending an engineer to install it, as my hub is in the other room, I was scared of them refusing to do it due to the TV not being modern enough, and then charging me for the engineer, Im feeling a lot more relaxed about it now.

Thank you

Kath

Hiya Kath, no problem at all. Generally speaking, if a TV or monitor has an HDMI compatible input (plug) on it, then it will accept a High Definition signal. I have a Virgin V6 box, and i love it, loads faster than the antique dog-slow TiVo service! And the catchup services work as they are supposed to - and the best bit - we get more of our money's worth! Also, the new box has built in WiFi, so if you choose to have another box installed, or move the existing one, you will not have to have it hard wired to the hub. The engineers don't tell you this for some odd reason! Also, the new remote connects via bluetooth, so no more needing to point it at the set! But i challenge you to not automatically do this! ;)

If i can be any more help, do let me know here, or private message me and i will be glad to help.

Kenton.