Couple to Wed After Meeting On 'Ugly' Dating Site

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DokkRokken

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
This gentleman is obviously far uglier than the typically handsome, broad-shouldered, and chisel-jawed Tom'sHardware commenter's.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
[citation][nom]DokKRokken[/nom]This gentleman is obviously far uglier than the typically handsome, broad-shouldered, and chisel-jawed Tom'sHardware commenter's.[/citation]

Well I don't mean to brag but I have women that dance around the sculptures of my likeness
and leave tributes to me at the most glorious temples dedicated to myself and my greatness.

But I am sure this is common amongst the Tom's community. We are after-all the greatest things to grace this planet.

But on a serious note I wish this couple the best and hope everyone finds true love.

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Which one is the girl?

If you have to wake up to something looking like that every day, even if she can cook, is it worth it?

Sometimes it's just better to do without than settle for something you could never be happy with. Men and women don't get along well enough to stay together without some sort of physical attraction, in most cases.

A nice Maine wise scholar would make a better companion, or adopt a nice cat at the pound. They're more loyal, graceful, and beautiful than any primate can ever hope to be. On top of that, they won't rummage through your fridge like a bison. Instead, they'll keep rats and mice away from the house. Well, unless they are dead.

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]Well I don't mean to brag but I have women that dance around the sculptures of my likenessand leave tributes to me at the most glorious temples dedicated to myself and my greatness.But I am sure this is common amongst the Tom's community. We are after-all the greatest things to grace this planet.But on a serious note I wish this couple the best and hope everyone finds true love.[/citation]

Their grocer is the one that will find true love.

L0tus

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
[citation][nom]TA152H[/nom]A nice Maine wise scholar would make a better companion, or adopt a nice cat at the pound. They're more loyal, graceful, and beautiful than any primate can ever hope to be. On top of that, they won't rummage through your fridge like a bison.[/citation]

You need to get out more.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
So out of curiosity I decided to check out the website (No, really out of curiosity I am a married man after all) I made a dummy account and looked at some female profiles. While of course there are some less than perfect looking members there is actually a decent amount of young and cute girls on the site. So there are three possibilities, they have low self esteem, lacked the brain power to realize its a site for "ugly" people, or the site is already suffering from fake profiles
and game players. I lean towards the latter. Clicking on the pictures within the profile lead up to a payment page and ouch $20 for a month to month payment plan.

From what I understand when it comes to dating sites as well is that even if your a pay member those who are not cannot read any mail from you nor respond to it. What is the chances of someone single even finding someone through such methods when the vast majority of the user base is unreachable. Then the number that is continues to dwindle as
likely there are preferences that would like to be met for both parties such as age, distance, religion, etc. So in the end the list of possibilities is likely few to perhaps even none in some cases.

While there are no doubt some success stories it seems heavily statistically stacked
against the users. I certainly wouldn't recommend this method in finding a relationship.

doped

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2006
that couple is not THAT ugly. Yes he may be a bit overweight, and she have a little handles, but other than that, they are not ugly per say. If she lost a few kg and got another hairdo, like the young hip chicks, and some makeup(she's doesn't appear to wear it, and that's the fake look you guys are used to seeing). She would probably suddenly be average hot to many of you.

The_Trutherizer

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
I'm sorry but these two look pretty normal to me. There are no boils or scars or any odd thing like that. They are not gorgeous, but they are just fine the way they are.

G

They look like pretty normal people to me!, Hope it works out for them, everyone deserves happiness and love!

And those that say exploit the site for low self esteem girls.... you must be absolutely truly nasty or completely messed up to even think of exploiting another person because of their own mental attitude towards themselves...THATS JUST SICK MAN!!!!!!

spentshells

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2006
[citation][nom]moricon[/nom]They look like pretty normal people to me!, Hope it works out for them, everyone deserves happiness and love!And those that say exploit the site for low self esteem girls.... you must be absolutely truly nasty or completely messed up to even think of exploiting another person because of their own mental attitude towards themselves...THATS JUST SICK MAN!!!!!![/citation]

I agree but it is the way of the world bro exploit the weak for gain.

PadaV4

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
The dude needs to change his hairstyle. He looks like a ugly chick currently. If he changed that they would be a pretty nice couple actually.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
They are in a weight range where their financial load on the medical system will be double that of somoeone in a more natural weight range (for our species). Fat is not just a choice; It burdens society. It is not good or bad, but it is a reality. It will be their own problem dieing in their 60's (which they will), but maybe it is socially unfair to describe being obese as, 'just another way to be.'

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
[citation][nom]lamorpa[/nom]They are in a weight range where their financial load on the medical system will be double that of somoeone in a more natural weight range (for our species). Fat is not just a choice; It burdens society. It is not good or bad, but it is a reality. It will be their own problem dieing in their 60's (which they will), but maybe it is socially unfair to describe being obese as, 'just another way to be.'[/citation]

Statistically speaking overweight is norm in America with obesity racing up to the same levels. Now anyone that is less than 20lbs overweight is considered odd and you could pick them out of a crowd.

Sure this will get down rated but it dosnt change the facts. Our (American) society is built around making fat people feel good about themselves.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
Let's be careful about throwing around the words 'norm' and 'normal' To be obese (as these 2 surely wonderful people are) is to have reduced health, mobility, and lifespan. There is a normal physical condition for a species and these 2, and many others, are outside that range. It is not about good/bad or right/wrong, it is about being natural for your physical being. I hope both seek medical attention for their deleterious condition, before they incur serious organ, circulatory, endocritic, and orthopedic damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.