Solved! CPU heating up alot (100 °C)

Oct 23, 2020
Hello There!
My CPU is heating up a lot since the past few months, Whenever I turn on my laptop, in a matter of few seconds (under no load at all) the temperature goes all the way up to 100 °C . I have tried the following steps to solve the issue but no luck:
1:- Disassemble and clear all the dust from the laptop (to improve the air flow).
2:- Cleaning the Fan.
3:- Re-applied a new thermal compound.

None of them help control the CPU temperature, then I lower the Processor Maximum State to 50% and the temperature is dropped to 60's, but doing so reduces the CPU performance and the Laptop is now a turtle-like.

Laptop Specs:
Dell Inspiron 5570
Intel 8th Gen i7 8550u.
12Gigs of RAM.

Solution
Hum...When it indicates a high temperature state does the machine feel hot externally? Hot air being exhausted, case getting warm, that sort of thing.

What mainly contributes to heat is the processor clock speed. Even if the processor isn't doing useful work, if the clock is not getting throttled back, it will heat up. However, it's hard to understand how that could happen so fast. Maybe an issue with the Intel system drivers? Check for updates for these on the Dell site. You might also try opening the machine up (using ESD precautions) and holding you finger near the processor to verify the quick heating up. Be careful. I left a fingerprint etched on an IC doing this once (it was in fact getting very hot).
You need to run task manager and see what the processor loading percentage is. See what program is loading down the processor. I would discourage anyone from taking apart the laptop and cleaning. This is rarely needed and often leads to new problems. Just check this forum and see how often people post "I took my laptop apart and now it doesn't work"....

Oct 23, 2020
You need to run task manager and see what the processor loading percentage is. See what program is loading down the processor. I would discourage anyone from taking apart the laptop and cleaning. This is rarely needed and often leads to new problems. Just check this forum and see how often people post "I took my laptop apart and now it doesn't work"....
Hello, and thanks for responding, CPU load is ideal as I said, It heats up the moment I turn my laptop on. From Task manager at 95C+ Temparature the CPU work load was 13% only.

Hum...When it indicates a high temperature state does the machine feel hot externally? Hot air being exhausted, case getting warm, that sort of thing.

What mainly contributes to heat is the processor clock speed. Even if the processor isn't doing useful work, if the clock is not getting throttled back, it will heat up. However, it's hard to understand how that could happen so fast. Maybe an issue with the Intel system drivers? Check for updates for these on the Dell site. You might also try opening the machine up (using ESD precautions) and holding you finger near the processor to verify the quick heating up. Be careful. I left a fingerprint etched on an IC doing this once (it was in fact getting very hot).

Solution