cpu overheated when play games in charging battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 14, 2018
hi guys
I have a problem when i play video games on my asus x542un laptop
it is okay when not its not in charging but when i plugging in cpu become overheated to 89 or 90

asus x542un 12GB RAM - cpu : i7 8550 u - videocard : 4GB MX150

Solution
Cooling pads help airflow around the laptop but the laptop still relies on a tiny fan and a small volume of air. Laptops that run cooler when gaming are normally much thicker and heavier than yours. This is quite normal for a relatively thin gaming laptop.

You can try capping your FPS. Let’s say you normally get 100fps, if you cap at 60 it will reduce both the cpu and gpu work which will reduce heat.

sizzling

Distinguished
Normally Windows power plan is setup so when on battery only the system is in Power Saving mode which would throttle the cpu and would stop it getting as hot but it is running at much reduced performance.

When plugged in Windows normally switches over to Balanced or High Performance both allow the CPU to run at maximum performance when needed but this would produce a lot more heat.

Apr 14, 2018

how can i fix this ??? has a rsolve at battery power setting ???

sizzling

Distinguished
Nothing to fix, that’s how it works. Have you proved it is doing this?

You can change the power settings so Windows stays on Power Saving when charging but you will loose a lot of performance. Laptops when gaming always get very hot. Just give it good airflow and regularly blow out and dust with a can of compressed air.

Apr 14, 2018

im using cool pad with 4 fans !!! i have no problem with getting low resolution !!! just my laptops cpu dont get overheated . you know this is very dangures for its lifetime

sizzling

Distinguished
Cooling pads help airflow around the laptop but the laptop still relies on a tiny fan and a small volume of air. Laptops that run cooler when gaming are normally much thicker and heavier than yours. This is quite normal for a relatively thin gaming laptop.

You can try capping your FPS. Let’s say you normally get 100fps, if you cap at 60 it will reduce both the cpu and gpu work which will reduce heat.

Solution
Apr 14, 2018

thanks a lot . and 1 finally question : What are the normal and healthy temperatures for my processor?

intel core i7 8550u (8th gen) 1.8ghz up to 4.0ghz

Apr 14, 2018

I set max proccers state to 50% in saving batery mode . is that harmful for my loptop ??? i used that mode only ehen i play game

Apr 14, 2018

thank a lot brother :love: i just buy my laptop last week and you solve all my problems :love: how can i fallow you in this from or u have a instagram account ???:wahoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.