patelchandresh13

Estimable
Oct 15, 2015
Let me Tell all First this is a Repost
Hie,
So basically i am creating a form which is more or less like a invoice.
There are 4 types of choices from which the user will select, by each selection would give me an another list to choose and so on untill it reaches the last one which is the price, for instance

Type- Stock Range
Description- Swiss csv 1.56 swiss coat
coatings- care
price- 399

so basically, there are few types and under which there are different products of the selected type, once the product is selected it would give me a choice of which coating and then according to which the price would be displayed automatically.

I have tried various things for creating drop down list, but unfortunately the name manager does not include spaces and other chars which are important as the product would be displayed in the bill and cannot be written haphazardly,

Please help if there are any other options which i could take on.

Solution

If you try to dig Panama channel with a shovel, it won't "satisfy the purpose", as well. Use the proper tool for proper task!
Doing that in Exclel has two challenges:
- structuring the source data into your sub-categories (what if a roduct fails into two cateories)
- building "dynamic" drop-down lists

Don't reinvent the wheel (or the sliced bread). There are read-made applications for invoicing, some of them are even free, some of them are online...

patelchandresh13

Estimable
Oct 15, 2015

You are absolutely right, but i have seen other softwares but this does not satisfy the purpose, which i am looking for,
Thanks Again.

If you try to dig Panama channel with a shovel, it won't "satisfy the purpose", as well. Use the proper tool for proper task!

Solution