Solved! creative sound blaster z + old yamaha receiver crossover doubts

gpetit14

Commendable
Nov 2, 2018
i have a creative soundblaster z connected via analog cables to my old yamaha receiver (rx-v659) my questions are: where to set the crossover? sound card or receiver? also the sound card have a extra option called "subwoofer gain" that give more bass if i check the box (maybe extra 10 db i dont know cuz creative manual dont explain it) i set my receiver with a SPL meter manual to 75 on 0. But until i get a good orientation cannot set the bass transition sub/speakers. i hope someone here can help me.

i'll no answer to myself with it: but i would like to prefer set the crossover in the receiver so if i connect other sources directly to the receiver like dvd, bluray, or any other, then i'll have a crossover doing the job. But using the PC i dont know how is the best way.

Thank you very much in advance!

Solution
If you have a separate connection from sound card to sub, most likely the crossover is done by sound card, but to be sure you should consult the manual. Don't need to read it back to back, just download the pdf and do a SEARCH on CROSSOVER.
If you have a separate connection from sound card to sub, most likely the crossover is done by sound card, but to be sure you should consult the manual. Don't need to read it back to back, just download the pdf and do a SEARCH on CROSSOVER.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS