Creative sound blaster z plays sound though left speaker only

chrissy_92

Prominent
Apr 16, 2017
Hi, I have just added a sound blaster Z to my motherboard.
I am using windoews 10.
Was previously using Nvidia High definition audio built into the motherboard.
My speakers are Logitech Z623. the left speaker plugs into the sub via RCA.
The right speaker has the on/off, volume and base control and connects to the sub via VGA.
From the sub a 3.5mm cable plugs into the PC sound card.

When plugged into the motherboard sound card both speakers and the sub work fine.
When plugged into the Sound Blaster Z the left speaker plays normally the sub works and no sound comes out of the right speaker.

Testing sound output in the Sound Blaster control panel sound comes from the left and instead of sound coming from the right I can hear it trying to play though the sub.

I have updated to the newest drivers, tried older drivers. Made sure let right balance are even and volume up in windows control panel and sound card control panel. When I plug it back in to the motherboard sound everything works fine. So there is no problem with the speakers or the motherboard sound card. The only problem is when it's plugged into the Sound Blaster Z.

Headphones work correctly in sound blaster z and have tried plugging speakers into all inputs into sound blaster z including the headphone port with same results described above.

Eventually got both speaker playing somehow, the next day I booted up and had the same problem and only have one speaker and the sub in use. Is it a windows 10 compatibility issue?

I am at a loss of how to solve this,can anyone help please?

Solution
I would suspect a problem with the sub 3.5 mm plug connection to the PC sound card - meaning the Sound Blaster Z.

That seems to be the only constant with respect to the right speaker failure.

Especially if the problem is intermittent as it seems to be: i.e., "eventually got both speakers playing somehow....".

Be sure that the 3.5 mm male connection is fully into the sound card's port - may seem so with a new sound card but a close look is warranted. May be some manufacturing or packing debris causing some interference with a proper connection.

And likewise, the plug may be going in too far. Plug is not stopping in the correct place to establish the required stereo connections.

Try working with the plug some: wiggle it and the...
I would suspect a problem with the sub 3.5 mm plug connection to the PC sound card - meaning the Sound Blaster Z.

That seems to be the only constant with respect to the right speaker failure.

Especially if the problem is intermittent as it seems to be: i.e., "eventually got both speakers playing somehow....".

Be sure that the 3.5 mm male connection is fully into the sound card's port - may seem so with a new sound card but a close look is warranted. May be some manufacturing or packing debris causing some interference with a proper connection.

And likewise, the plug may be going in too far. Plug is not stopping in the correct place to establish the required stereo connections.

Try working with the plug some: wiggle it and the cable. See if some movement can duplicate the problem.

Does not take much movement or misalignment to disrupt the connectivity.

Solution

mouzzampk

Prominent
Dec 2, 2017
Hi Chrissy_92, could you please help me out how you fix the issue, as when I plug my Z623 into Creative Sound Blaster Z, sound output is very low and there are number of outputs what do you think is the best one to use? Thank you