Cricket LG Optimus L70 phone softbricked out of nowhere

Ignorance101

Honorable
Apr 27, 2013
I was using 360 boost to shut down some background apps, which has been working without a hitch for months, and once it was about to fade out and show the rocket, it froze. I had to hold the power button and tell it to power off and restart. This would normally fix a freeze issue without incident, but this time when it powered up again, the LG logo appeared with a plaintext notification at the top left that read "Secure Booting Error" "Cause: Boot certification verify".
After about 3 seconds of this screen, everything on the screen disappears and the screen just stays active but displays nothing. Only removing the battery turns it off. I have not attempted anything in the realm of rooting or custom ROMs or anything to modify my phone's software at all.

The phone will not appear on or be recognized by a computer, so I can't recover files that way. I absolutely do NOT want to factory reset the phone without at least retrieving my contacts. Most of my media is on the SD card so that can be saved easily, but if there is any way I can recover access to the phone without wiping it I would very much like to do it. I have already put the phone's sim card into a different phone to see if the contacts were stored on the card, and they weren't.

Please help. I really don't want to buy a new phone, and I can't afford to lose all of my contact data.

Solution

You can bring it to them but without it starting or being seen on the computer I don't know what they can do.

Ignorance101

Honorable
Apr 27, 2013
Didn't configure them to be synced to any external point as far as I remember. Is there any other way to extract the contact info? If I bring the phone to one of the carrier's shops can they do it?

You can bring it to them but without it starting or being seen on the computer I don't know what they can do.

Solution