Crysis 2 Demo This Month... Only on Xbox 360

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

You have to laugh really. Microsoft pay for such pointless crap nower days. Nobody cares about exclusives anymore. Most people own every platform...as the consumer I'd choose to play it on the platform it's best suited for...not the platform Microsoft wants you to play it on. Which in this instance is the worst possible one of the three

thethinkerbox

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2010
There are some problems with Demos as of lately, Dead Rising 2's Case Zero was Xbox Only, Dead Space 2's demo was only on PSN and XBL, and now Crysis 2's Multiplayer demo is only on XBL? This is stupid, did Crytek forget who's allowed them to make it where they are now? Was it not the PC gamers who they sold so many copies to? All of these companies should be ashamed of themselves for furthering the belief that PC gaming is dead.

SirGCal

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]lradunovic77[/nom]As I said a reason why Crysis 2 is going to fail is XBOX360 and PS3.[/citation]

Ya... I'm so sick of console ports ruining PC gaming. The last MoH was just horrific... It could have been so much more.

The biggest problem is that they refuse to upgrade the consoles for so long cause 'they still sell'. But they're limited by technology before they even come out. So what might have been competitive with PC standards when it was initially released is now so far behind that games now are no better than when it was new (graphics/physics) wise...

As for the pirating part; it's a BS argument. I can copy XBOX games just as easy as PC games. I personally do not in either regard accept for my own backup copy, however the process is no more difficult if you know what you're doing. The catch is it's not 100% software, there's a bit of hardware tweaking... Still I can find/pirate xbox games if that was my intention. The companies refuse to accept this fact for god-knows what reason and swear their systems are copy-safe.

If real game developers really cared; they would return to coding them for the latest hardware again, and using more secure sales media (like Steam) with a logged-in requirement to play your games. You can install it anywhere you want but can't play first without user validation. That can even go further and link to systems like Windows Games Live (some games already do) etc. It is not a sure-fix but it's a lot easier than relying on some key and some sort of media encryption to do the job which has failed since before it's initial inception.

Hell, to be more honest, the people I do know who pirate software, do it on the XBOX/PS3 far more than the PC. Those are the games they want to play. One kid I knew that used to live close by has an entire library of hacked XBOX games. The problem here is the parents don't understand the problem and the kid doesn't think it is a problem...

And I agree; selling pittance as DLC is so insulting. I can't believe the console geeks tolerate it. Just goes to show their standards are so much lower. One of my old friends didn't see a problem paying $5 for two CoD maps on his Xbox... Back then we (PC) still got them free. Suddenly then he was pissed about it... And we're not even going into the lack of control consoles offer over the conventional mouse/keyboard setup. I wouldn't actually mind consoles if they just had a realistic type of control system. I've seen a few ideas and air-mice that would work well in that environment and offer them PC level accuracy without auto-aimers but... Nooo... The 'Xbox is not a PC' according to microshaft... No mice allowed...

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
They better not botch the controls or it'll be the last Crytek game I buy. Just like bioshock was a great game with absolute SHIT controls for PC... console -> PC ports never work properly.

And the previous poster is right about DLC. That content used to either be INCLUDED in the game at launch, or released for free as an update. Now in BF:BC2, you can BUY (yes, buy) a new skin for your gun. How idiotic is that!?

DokkRokken

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
[citation][nom]studioman22[/nom]Now THAT really pisses me off, dammit. What a slap in the face to us die hard PC gamers that spend thousands on equipment. You know what? Screw you, Crytek. Keep your damn game. If you are so stupid to release a demo for Xbox and not include us PC gamers that made Crysis the mega hit it is, I'll be damned if I am going to pay you the outrageous price you will no doubt be asking for Crysis 2. There's plenty of other great games due 1rst half of this year. I hate consoles. They suck and so do you for doing this. Just go ahead and be like the others who are now porting from the consoles to the PC. Get me a console with a couple of GTX 580 SC's in it and a decent controller, and maybe I'll think about it. Fricken sad. PC gamers, it's time to rise up and BOYCOTT Crysis 2. Don't buy it.[/citation]

Die hard PC gamers that spent thousands on equipment are not owed a thing by a developer like Crytek. You paid thousands of dollars on equipment because you're an enthusiast and decided that it was worth your while. Obviously, it sounds like you miscalculated; if you didn't, you'd be taking this announcement in stride.

It seems many PC gamers such as yourself have an entitlement complex, hence the rampant piracy. It is really hilarious. Even better is that so many PC gamers seem to spend more time arguing about games than they do playing them. So yeah, don't buy Crysis 2. But I will, and I'll enjoy it on my PC without caring that someone who decided to opt for a console is enjoying it too,

jdamon113

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
This is a win win for EA, and Microsoft, the game will render your X-box unusable after a hour of play.... can you say red ring of death accross the board.
So now microsoft has a ton of concles needing replaced..... because all the fixes you have read about on the internet do not really work after a few weeks...
And some will just say to hell with it and buy the pc version.

I will play the pc version, my system will play this game on dual monitors, and not break 100 degrees F

HavoCnMe

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
Well well well,
Crysis on Xbox 360 and it plays.....i HOPE this will not be a horrible port from console to PC. This one may not even be worthy of buying due to the demo coming out for console first. Reminds me of the Halo days was cool on console but was a monstrosity for PC.

Vermil

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
I really don't understand why anybody is interested in console FPS games. They're crap even when they're ported to the PC, so it's not the choice of platform to game on. It's the choice of platform to make it able to run on.

Vermil

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]the 360 is basically a scaled down pc, its the reason porting from that to the pc is a relitivly painless process. and its cheap enough that the few sales it makes off the pc makes it worth it. [/citation]

No it's not. There's a lot of difference and the XB360 is tremendously limited in comparison to a PC. And this is the main reason why all games are so crappy these days. They have to run on a console.
The reason they are so easy to port to a PC is due to MS's development kits. They're made that way. And it's intentional.

guardianangel42

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
Yeah, PC gamers, stop bitching. I don't usually take sides in this sort of thing, have a gaming rig myself as well as an Xbox, but in this it is all you guys.

Piracy my friends, rampant piracy. Despite being the largest gaming population in the industry, PC gamers have still managed to scare developers to the consoles, an inferior platform in most respects, by spamming Torrent downloads. Sure you may not have taken part in the forbidden fruit but by ignoring those that do and allowing them to continue without so much as a verbal reprimand you've caused Crysis, the pinnacle of the PC's advantages over consoles, to migrate to (and some might go so far as to say developed primarily for) consoles.

As much as you tout your superiority to those console noobs with their analog stick controllers it is your own fault that your favorite pass time is no longer being developed with the K/M in mind. It is your own fault that you get only poor console ports on your system of choice.

Hubris is the downfall of many men.

kashifme21

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
To my fellow PC gamers,

Dear brothers and sisters it is quite annoying where things have gotten to, we buy the most expensive hardware. yet there are hardly any developers supporting that hardware. In fact we get treated like second rate citizens, when in fact it is our funds which will be used to fuel the next generation of consoles.

It is a plea that we stop buying any upgrades at all, prehaps then these hardware makers will push developers to actually make use of hardware. As of now unless you want to be gaming on multiple screens (aka eyefinity or surround). There really isnt a game out there that can max out even last gen gpus like 285gtx or a 5870hd.

Anything we buy now is just an overkill and probably wont be used until the next generation of consoles.

aznplayer213

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
[citation][nom]457474hdfhd[/nom]crytek 3 engine = dumbed down for xbox 360, dont get excided about crysis2, its not going to be anything special. As far as graphics are concerned anway, who knows story coudl still save it iguess.[/citation]

GL not burning the image on ur tv Lolololololololol

G

Studioman,
You spen $500+ on a video card....
HA HA HA HA HA HAHa

Seriosuly this is why PC gaming is nearly dead.
It's for trust fun babies.
If C2 is a good game it will hold it's own on any system no matter how girly pissy you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.