Crysis 2 Demo This Month... Only on Xbox 360

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
[citation][nom]silky salamandr[/nom]We all know that Crysis 2 on the 360 and the PS3 are going to be garbage. So what if the box gets a demo. Ill play it because I enjoy gaming on my box but I will be buying it for my computer of course. I really dont know why people think theyre elite because they choose to play with a mouse and keyboard. Ill be kicked back enjoying Crysis 2(on the gaming rig) on a 50' panasonic viera plasma with a wireless xbox controller,7.1 blaring and some vanilla cognac. But I guess im not a 'elite' gamer because of that.[/citation]

And getting pwnd by some elitist using a mouse and keyboard. Using an xbox controller for FPS on PC, better make that vanilla cognac a double...

studioman22

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
Now THAT really pisses me off, dammit. What a slap in the face to us die hard PC gamers that spend thousands on equipment. You know what? Screw you, Crytek. Keep your damn game. If you are so stupid to release a demo for Xbox and not include us PC gamers that made Crysis the mega hit it is, I'll be damned if I am going to pay you the outrageous price you will no doubt be asking for Crysis 2. There's plenty of other great games due 1rst half of this year. I hate consoles. They suck and so do you for doing this. Just go ahead and be like the others who are now porting from the consoles to the PC. Get me a console with a couple of GTX 580 SC's in it and a decent controller, and maybe I'll think about it. Fricken sad. PC gamers, it's time to rise up and BOYCOTT Crysis 2. Don't buy it.

stridergt

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2011
The consolez kidiezzz have won... worse graphics, less open world, controls tailored for those who play an FPS with a stick !!!!FFS!!!!
No PC demo?!?!?!?!?!?!
my ears ring with wiii wiii wiii console crap FTW
Fort Crysis has fallen... and DNF seems similarly "ported"

A PC Elitist

Kileak

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
The reason behind consoles having the upper hand is piracy.

Yet, the reason why there is piracy in the first place is because the stuff isn't worth paying for.

By designing the stuff for the consoles, they make it prone to piracy as it ends up not being worth paying for.

Vicious circle isn't it?

loomis86

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
[citation][nom]studioman22[/nom]Now THAT really pisses me off, dammit. What a slap in the face to us die hard PC gamers that spend thousands on equipment. You know what? Screw you, Crytek. Keep your damn game. If you are so stupid to release a demo for Xbox and not include us PC gamers that made Crysis the mega hit it is, I'll be damned if I am going to pay you the outrageous price you will no doubt be asking for Crysis 2. There's plenty of other great games due 1rst half of this year. I hate consoles. They suck and so do you for doing this. Just go ahead and be like the others who are now porting from the consoles to the PC. Get me a console with a couple of GTX 580 SC's in it and a decent controller, and maybe I'll think about it. Fricken sad. PC gamers, it's time to rise up and BOYCOTT Crysis 2. Don't buy it.[/citation]

You don't get it. There's not enough PC gamers for them to care. If there were, they wouldn't be doing what they are doing.

studioman22

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
[citation][nom]loomis86[/nom]You don't get it. There's not enough PC gamers for them to care. If there were, they wouldn't be doing what they are doing.[/citation]

If there truly wasn't enough PC gamers to care, they would not be making this game for PC at ALL. And neither would any of the other developers. Your comment means nothing. I resume my bitching status, thank you.

skaz

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
I really hope they don't port a console version of this game to the pc and instead port a pc version of this game to the consoles.

maxpayne80

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2010
[citation][nom]skaz[/nom]I really hope they don't port a console version of this game to the pc and instead port a pc version of this game to the consoles.[/citation]
Yeah I hope so too, Console to PC port is really plain lame

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]studioman22[/nom]If there truly wasn't enough PC gamers to care, they would not be making this game for PC at ALL. And neither would any of the other developers. Your comment means nothing. I resume my bitching status, thank you.[/citation]

the 360 is basically a scaled down pc, its the reason porting from that to the pc is a relitivly painless process. and its cheap enough that the few sales it makes off the pc makes it worth it.

pc gamers dont appreciate being #$^%ed by dlc, in older games, what would be dlc today, would have been free extras, or a catalogue of "dlc" would be an expansion, and because of that, people pirate even if they would have payed.

now because of that, we get "pirating kills our business" which we all know is bs. pirating has been around forever, and they use to sell the blank discs to copy games right next to the games.

pirating doesn't kill gaming, being a patronizing douche who trys to sell you on disc "dlc" ruins your credibility, look at the top pc games, and figure out why they sell. and its not anti piracy mesures, its that they treat gamers with some amount of respect and don't make that piracy killed our game, we make console crap now.

now to crytec credit, the first 2 crysis games were HORRIFICALLY coded, to the point where user mods made the games look better and run on lesser hardware. this time they got the low end of the game optimized enough to run off a console, good for them, ill give them credit till the game comes out.

and lastly, the 360 has a better gpu than the ps3, the ps3 has better cpu, they balance each other out fairly well.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]beznet[/nom]I wonder how much they will have to dumb the game down to run it on the 360[/citation]
well lets see here.
the pc version, once hacked, dx9 and dx10 versions were almost indistinguishable, and no one uses dx11 to its max yet, so i will say that consoles will run at about medium settings, no aa, and who needs that, and textures ranging from low to medium, depending on how close you get to something.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]mayankleoboy1[/nom]crytek shouls read some of the comment here. they will realise that they are seriously pissing off the PC community.[/citation]

did they announce a horrific drm scheme?
did they say no pc version due to proceved piracy?
is the pc version comeing out 6months to 1 year later to curve piracy?

are they making the game so consoles can play it too? yes, is this why they are mad... yes.
the people this is making made are ungrateful pricks, who ONLY see the games worth as its "so cutting edge, no pc can play it yet" graphics test.

the pc isnt getting a demo, but you are making it sound like they are piecing the game out level by level and making you pay per level, than making you pay to unlock higher graphical settings, and gimping the pc to look only as good as the consoles.

wait till the game comes out to complain about that stuff,

spellbinder2050

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
They should have made this for the PC then worried about porting it to the consoles AFTERWARDS. Crysis 1 was, more than anything else, a benchmarking tool for hardware enthusiasts. Crytek has completely abandoned that idea and its roots.

Crysis 2 doesn't even look better than Crysis 1 graphically. Crysis 2 won't even need as much pc power to run as Crysis 1 did.

EPIC FAIL.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]spellbinder2050[/nom]They should have made this for the PC then worried about porting it to the consoles AFTERWARDS. Crysis 1 was, more than anything else, a benchmarking tool for hardware enthusiasts. Crytek has completely abandoned that idea and its roots.Crysis 2 doesn't even look better than Crysis 1 graphically. Crysis 2 won't even need as much pc power to run as Crysis 1 did. EPIC FAIL.[/citation]

crytek made farcry, a great looking game, that came out in 2004, and required the best to play it at full specs at the time. at this time, the ai in the game was excellent, far better than what we have experienced up to this point, and far cry was a great game for it.

the engine was amaseing, expecialy for its time. especially considering doom 3, and half life 2 were around the same time, far cry could hold its own gameplay wise.

now crysis, went balls out graphically, which looked GREAT, but was so unnecessary, and besides the visuals, was an over all average game at best.

great graphics over great gameplay... less and less a game company and more a glorified tech demo producer.

now these people manage to make a engine, which matches crysis level of tech, using less hardware, making the game look great, and play great on even modest rigs, and you call them fail for it?

you know, i could create a 2d side scrolling game that would look alike an atari 2600 game, and wouldn't be able to even play at 5fps, due to HIGHLY unoptimized coding.

now what sounds like a better game.
one no computer can play at full specs, or one that many people can play, has a chance of a large multiplayer community because of the lesser requirements?

here, let me explain in a way you may understand.
TECH DEMOS ARE TECH DEMOS, DONT EXPECT GAMES TO BE TECH DEMOS.

i have high hopes that they revamped the enemy ai, if not, there is always rage, which is telling us that thats the high point of the game.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]hardcore_gamer[/nom]Because Crytek is now a console who**[/citation]
actually, because, and i may be right...
console gamers got mad when they saw screenshots of crysis.
how mad would they be when a pc/console comparison came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.