Crysis 2 Demo This Month... Only on Xbox 360

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lavitz1125

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
Yeah guys there gunna relase a demo and a game and it will have a frame rate of 5fps and crashes every 5 seconds.
Oh wait that will be the PS3 verison.

kashifme21

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
Welll i wonder who will be buying hardware from Nvidia and AMD, if there are no games out pushing tech.

We can all be happy running GPUs from 3-4yrs back and run any game maxed out lol. RIP Nvidia & AMD.

Good job chopping your on feet off supporting those damn consoles.

stridergt

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2011
@alidan
Oh man quit being the consolez spoke person...
We all know that no game came close to Crysis graphics for the last FULL 3 YEARS!!!
horrific coding my a@@ even Metro 2033 is "heavier" than crysis... and its the only thing coming close.
If you are content with yet another consolezzz port, that's your problem, but as everybody stated here it should be the other way around let the kidiez have the medium, dumbed down experience and bring the most technical innovative PC title, which is the greatest Crysis legacy, they sent u to the island bro, not to a rail interactive movie with cutscenes, or low poly, low res monitor experience, no need to get farther away to be haloed in the couch game....

PS Technical innovation is not exclusive of great gameplay, AI etc, Quake, Unreal, Halflife, Crysis... is the PC legacy, FPS was is and will be a premium PC experience.

Jamdodds

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
I've seen some videos, and this game just looks like halo with killstreaks. More or less a combination of the two. If the PC version has modability, I will give it a shot. If not, i'll pass it up. Just my 2 cents...

renz496

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
lol when i see they announced the demo for 360 in the end of the trailer i can't help but felt a bit disappointed. i felt something is wrong because when we are talking about crysis 2 its always PC first and the console is later. to me what disappointing is they're going to release demo for 360 only. it seems that they will prioritize console version more than the pc one. i hope the pc version will be better though we can only know for sure when the game is out.

btw i do hope the game can be maxed out with moderate hardware unlike crysis (which seems to unlikely) because this thing is a game not some benchmark suite like 3d mark softwares. XD

jimday

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2006
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. consoles ruining everything, that we pc gamers love !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jmaley

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
I like to think that PC gamers are more mature, and that consoles are for kiddies.

However the majority of the comments on this page seem disproving.

The engine is not cut for consoles.
It's just more optimized, which will also help lower end PC rigs. This probably includes better LOD scaling, better threading, etc etc.

Everyone will still be able to turn their shaders way up and make it crawl on even the highest end PC if you feel the need to do so.

jmaley

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
I like to think that PC gamers are more mature, and that consoles are for kiddies.

However the majority of the comments on this page seem disproving.

The engine is not cut for consoles.
It's just more optimized, which will also help lower end PC rigs. This probably includes better LOD scaling, better threading, etc etc.

Everyone will still be able to turn their shaders way up and make it crawl on even the highest end PC if you feel the need to do so.

makwy2

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
Ah... my xbox gold membership pays off once more! Quit whining and just wait for the game to land on your platform of choice. I never really got the whole Crysis hype to begin with, yeah, it's a good game that can push a graphics card pretty hard but so what... I care more for gameplay then benchmarking while I'm playing the game. If you want a benchmark, run an independent benchmark.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Its a reason xbox gets the demo first, its a weak pc with only dx9. The PC version requires more work with the added code paths for the additional gfx hardware/additional cpu threads (quad+), i don't mind waiting since the result will speak for itself!

PS. I don't understand the console fanatics, pay more for games - Get less from them due to hardware restrictions of the consoles and their "controls" (especially true in fps + strategy grenes). I rather pay some more up front and get _WAY_ more in the end with the possibility to upgrade and still play the same great games!

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]kashifme21[/nom]Welll i wonder who will be buying hardware from Nvidia and AMD, if there are no games out pushing tech.We can all be happy running GPUs from 3-4yrs back and run any game maxed out lol. RIP Nvidia & AMD.Good job chopping your on feet off supporting those damn consoles.[/citation]

well yes and no. games run good enough at max, but lets go with a 2560x1600 monitor, what will be come a standard affordable resolution within the next 5 years, games have a hard time running on that, almost regardless, especially when you crank the settings up.

even if games dont push tech to the absolute peak as in graphical goodness that was crysis at max, games still push graphics, and those can be improved with better tech.

i, within the last year, upgraded to 5770hd. i know its not the best, but for a single card solution to a non heavy gamer, it was an excellent solution.

[citation][nom]stridergt[/nom]@alidanOh man quit being the consolez spoke person...We all know that no game came close to Crysis graphics for the last FULL 3 YEARS!!!horrific coding my a@@ even Metro 2033 is "heavier" than crysis... and its the only thing coming close.If you are content with yet another consolezzz port, that's your problem, but as everybody stated here it should be the other way around let the kidiez have the medium, dumbed down experience and bring the most technical innovative PC title, which is the greatest Crysis legacy, they sent u to the island bro, not to a rail interactive movie with cutscenes, or low poly, low res monitor experience, no need to get farther away to be haloed in the couch game....PS Technical innovation is not exclusive of great gameplay, AI etc, Quake, Unreal, Halflife, Crysis... is the PC legacy, FPS was is and will be a premium PC experience.[/citation]

you know i have a real hard time not useing language that would get me banned to respond to you. can you not get it through you, i'm guessing, unfused together scull, that a great game doesnt = graphics? that the engine was optimized? that the unnecessary operations were taken out, allowing for the game to look better than the first one, with lesser hardware requirements.

sence you love to hate consoles, let me talk about them. look at them, from the n64 to the ps3. there are stages of graphics.
there is launch graphics,
mid range graphics,
upper teir
and end life cycle.
EVERY game on a console, takes 100% what the console has to offer, unlike a pc, where there are more often than not a bottleneck that prevents 100% use.

games get better looking because the engines evolve, and they learn what can be dont to make the games look better on the same hardware.

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED WITH CRYSIS.

CryEngine 1 was farcry
CryEngine 2 was crysis
CryEngine 3 is so optomised that they were capable of putting crysis 2 on a console.

YOU DO REALIZE that unless stated otherwise, all footage so far has been from a console right? they never even shown a pc version but morons like you say they sold out completely, hell i say they are haveing a contest with id right now, with who can make the better engine, crysis on a console? i think i know whos winning.

G

to play crysis 2 demo.. pls insert a pirated copy of crysis 2.. and buy it if u like it..

Status
Not open for further replies.