Curropted ZIP file

shahbaz94us

Estimable
Mar 23, 2014
I need your help. i just had created a zip file in my nokia e5 with its built in default zip manager, that zip file was created a year ago. and i used to store all my images in that one zip file.
i protected it with a password when i created it.
So as usual i was saving more images in that zip file today, after adding those files to the zip archive, i tried to open it, and suddenly it was like "File curropted"
After that i tried like hundreds of softwares to recover my photos from that zip file. i recovered images that were taken before jan 2014, all the images that were taken and stored after jan2014 were not recovered at all.

I used to save images in zip, then delete them from /images directory, so i tried recovery softwares for whole root directry, those softwares also did same, i.e they didt recovered all images that were shot after jan2014.

The logic is, new files should be recovered and old are hard to recover. but in my case its opposite.

I need a best software that can recover my images, i dont care if its a ZIP RECOVERY SOFTWARE or its a usual FILE RECOVERY software, i only need best solution. am willing to buy any software of any cost.So please help me recover those images.

softwares i trie
*zip2fix
*Diskintervals
*Rstudio
*ARAR
*Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery
*Recover my files
ALL OF THEM FAILED TO RECOVER THE FILES THAT I WANTED (IMAGES THAT WERE TAKEN AFTER JAN2014) and instead they recovered all old files.

Solution
Hi
assuming you have copied the zip file off the Nokia on to a PC

try 7-zip to see if can unzip more files than winzip

The first step is to recover all zip files and all photo files from disk and look for complete undamaged zip files
There are many picture recovery programs which are useless in this sort of incident with zip archives you need to recover the (complete) ZIP file

However there may be deleted copies of pictures before being moved to Zip
Try TestDisk/PhotoRec from http://www.cgsecurity.org/
use PhotoRec on memory (card)

If the recent data has been overwritten then no one can help you

it is going to be almost imposible to recover files from a damaged encrypted zip file unless the whole file is recovered

If...

13thmonkey

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006
try different versions of wnzip, specifically older ones, some encryption in earlier zip files (as from the nokia E5) are not able to be decrypted by later versions of winzip. It'll be trial and error, but try each major release, i.e. 11, 12, 13, 14, etc.

mbarnes86

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Hi
assuming you have copied the zip file off the Nokia on to a PC

try 7-zip to see if can unzip more files than winzip

The first step is to recover all zip files and all photo files from disk and look for complete undamaged zip files
There are many picture recovery programs which are useless in this sort of incident with zip archives you need to recover the (complete) ZIP file

However there may be deleted copies of pictures before being moved to Zip
Try TestDisk/PhotoRec from http://www.cgsecurity.org/
use PhotoRec on memory (card)

If the recent data has been overwritten then no one can help you

it is going to be almost imposible to recover files from a damaged encrypted zip file unless the whole file is recovered

If it is realy important go to a profesional data recovery company for a quote

If continuing recovery your self
Is the data on internal memory or a memory card ?
If an SD card set write protect switch
make an image using duplicating / cloning software to another card

Do NOT try to undelete to original memory location

Question why did you zip up pictures?
with Jpg files they are already compressed so to zip them is a waste of time as no space reduction
It would be safer to use different folders to seperate pictures

If for security then put strong code on use of phone as repairing password protected zip complicated problem

regards
Mike Barnes

Solution