Customize option for ASUS and Lenovo for Canadians?

chowderek

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013
I live in Canada, so I can't customize ASUS and Lenovo laptops on the .ca sites of these manufacturers like the .us site allows you to do. By the way, in case you didn't know before .us sites don't ship to Canada. I don't know anyone from the US and would like to avoid using package forwarding services.

So I guess the only option is to buy from Canadian retailers

I checked sites like Newegg.ca and Bestbuy.ca but I don't know if they allow customization online or in store (I can't find it). I was hoping some of you guys can tell me specifically which CDN retailers (NOT JUST THESE TWO) allow customize option of the ASUS and Lenovo brands.

If you can list them, that would be helpful. Thank you

Asus_USA

Honorable
May 1, 2013
Asus actually just manufacturers the notebooks, and we don't sell directly to the end-users. If you are looking to purchase the laptop for your own personal use and not resale, I would contact any of our authorized resellers. They usually come per-configured so you can't really customize the specs, even if you lived in the US. Our site shows the different configurations available/possible, but we do not make customer laptops that ship straight to the customer.

And that's where we come in. ;)

chowderek: unfortunately the only reseller I know of in Canada is Reflex Notebooks, and they appear to only sell Clevo/Sager and MSI notebooks. Many resellers in the U.S. will ship to Canada, although you are looking at the added cost of tax and duty fees no matter who you purchase from within the states.

While we and many other U.S. resellers customize Asus notebooks, I don't know of any resellers that offer customization on Lenovo laptops.

chowderek

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013

Wow, I wasn't aware of resellers. I think I'll try Sager and MSI instead, thanks for your help.