D-Link Boxee Box, Reviewed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stardude82

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2006
Bizarre, I've yet to see a TV with a DVI port... Anyway, I don't think these sorts of boxes going to have much legs because most disk players and TVs already have similar media player capabilities.

Anyway, I have not seen a box/TV/player who's interface did not seem laggy especially compared with the 2 year old box I use for a HTPC.

G

I was amazed at this review. It made Boxee sound like a viable product. I own a Boxee. It's sitting next to my TV, and next to the Apple TV I bought once I realized how truly useless Boxee is. I kept Boxee, because it DOES have potential. I hope that they allow caching after some update. Unlike you, while my Apple TV plays perfectly I am unable to watch anything on Boxee without constant stutter and long-term stops. I found the lack of content in Boxee + apps mind-numbing. And with the ugly and awkward UI, it was just all-around disappointing.

I waited for Boxee for months. I bought it as soon as it was promised as vaporware. I had such high hopes. I'm sorry that the reviews I'm reading don't accurately point out it's serious and abundant flaws.

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
[citation][nom]Stardude82[/nom]Bizarre, I've yet to see a TV with a DVI port... [/citation]
That would be because TVs have HDMI... So even if you don't out put the audio through it you can still connect using DVI to HDMI and then you have the OPTION of passing the audio direct from your HTPC to the TV through HDMI... It cuts out the confusion about different cables.

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
Just wondering, can the boxee box support iPod touch/iPhone control? I know the boxee software for PC does it and it works like a charm...

spam123

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
The SPAM on Tom's is rediculous now. Get some decent CAPTCHA and account verification controls on your login. Then start banning accounts. This is 2011 now, Why are your running a tech site like 2001?

Status
Not open for further replies.