DAC and Audio interface recomendations?

blenderbros1

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
I need some advice, and that being said I'm looking for an external DAC or audio interface to complete my studio setup.
I have a pair of M-AUDIO DX8 D2 that I ordered and I figured I could just hook it to my computer directly using a TRS to 3.5 mm jack, would that work? if not can I hook it to my Behringer mixer that has TRS inputs and use it that way? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Budget is 100-200 or lower

Solution
You can hook them up directly to your setup. Use the TRS if you can but it's not critical.
If you add a DAC then you will get much improved audio quality. At that price range you are a bit limited so a high quality sound card like the ESI Juli@ would also be very good and has TRS or RCA analog in/out as well as spdif optical and coax in/out. Should be about $150
You can hook them up directly to your setup. Use the TRS if you can but it's not critical.
If you add a DAC then you will get much improved audio quality. At that price range you are a bit limited so a high quality sound card like the ESI Juli@ would also be very good and has TRS or RCA analog in/out as well as spdif optical and coax in/out. Should be about $150

Solution