Dedicated GPU is not getting detected anywhere.

Aug 29, 2018
Product Name: HP Pavilion 15-ab028tx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop has "AMD R7 M360" as dedicated GPU.
Everything is going fine for last 2.5+ years but from last few weeks I started getting lots of BSOD (Blue Screen of Death).
And the description of BSOD says that the problem is with GPU's drivers.
So, I think to make a clean install of GPU drivers. First I uninstalled anything related to AMD GPU. Then the problem started.

When I tried to install latest AMD drivers it throws an error: "Error 173 – AMD Installer Cannot Continue Since AMD Graphics Hardware Was Not Found".
And then I check Device Manager there is no unknown hardware in the complete list. Then I open my ubuntu 16 (dual - booted) and check the list of all hardware present using "hwinfo", it did'nt show anything related to AMD.

Then I go to HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) and run all the video test(s), fortunately all of them get passed, but still the hardware did'nt get detected anywhere.

Now, I want to know that my hardware is fine or not. And if fine, how can I make it to get detected by Windows 10.
Thanks in advance.

Anupam

BFG-9000

Respectable
Sep 17, 2016
AMD's switchable graphics has always been problematic. You used to need to try different Intel drivers until one of them made the AMD hardware visible, but Windows 10 only likes to install the latest WHQL driver even if it doesn't work.

In many cases, only the laptop manufacturer's customized drivers work so you could start by downloading and trying those. Unfortunately even disconnecting from the internet won't help as a newer driver is already installed. Perhaps this is a job for DDU?

Aug 29, 2018

It did not worked, I unistalled all intel, AMD drivers from DDU, then install both hardwares's manufacturer's customized drivers.
Intel one get installed successfully.
But in case of AMD, installation get completed, but no Catalyst application get installed and no hardware in device manager appers.