Delete messenger texts

Apr 9, 2018
When I exported my Samsung S7 to my new S9+, all my messenger texts are single texts from the same people instead of combining one person's messages in a single file.
Obviously, this is taking a lot of room and memory. But the only way I can find to delete them is to select each message separately.
Please tell me there's a simpler method, lol. I've got >5,500 messages. Of course, I don't need every message but I spent a 3 hr flight deleting when there were >8,000 and I've still got 5,500. Ugh!

Solution
If you are talking the phone's messaging app, you should have the option to delete them all at once. If you are talking a specific app on the device (other than the phone's original messaging app) then you would have to look for the same in that app. They are all set up differently.
If you are talking the phone's messaging app, you should have the option to delete them all at once. If you are talking a specific app on the device (other than the phone's original messaging app) then you would have to look for the same in that app. They are all set up differently.

Solution