Deleted Display adapter Geforce GTX 960M graphic card from device manager, how to reinstall it? (Check for hardware changes di

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennistang

Commendable
Feb 11, 2016
Deleted Display adapter Geforce GTX 960M graphic card from device manager, how to reinstall it? (Check for hardware changes did not work for me) , NIVIDIA Geforce cannot detect that i have a NVIDIA GPU, so installing the most recent driver does not work as they cant detect my GPU. Its a lenovo Y50-70 non-touch screen laptop with a 15.6" screen.Please help.

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that I suggested to others who had the same concern.

- First is to uninstall/reinstall the NVIDIA graphics driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics card driver.
- Next is to check Programs and Features and uninstall anything related to NVIDIA.
- Once done, download and install the latest NVIDIA graphics driver.
- Here's the link: nvidia.com/download/index.aspx
- Reboot your laptop once the latest driver has been installed.

If these doesn't work do try these method:
http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/clean-graphics-driver-install-windows.html

dennistang

Commendable
Feb 11, 2016

Thanks for the hel'p but both method didnt work. I cannot install the lastest NVIDIA graphics driver as I get an error in NIVIDIA experience saying This graphic driver cannot find compatible graphic hardware" as i think i uninstalled GTX 960M from diaplay adapter and it is now missing. I tried the second method and same error happened.
For the display adapter problem, i tried "search for hardware changes" but nothing happened.
Thanks for the help but unfortunately it did not work :/

Makiit

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016

go to device manager..on the top there is a scan for hardware change option..do that after that download the driver from nvdia site and use run as administrator
PS: I also have a Lenovo y50

Status
Not open for further replies.