Solved! Deleting .json files at one go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liberbliss

Prominent
Mar 3, 2020
How do I delete these JSON files from all the folders without having to actually go into every folder and selecting them to delete?
I am running iMac 21" 2019. Yesterday I used Google Takeout and got my photos downloaded to my Downloads Folder.
There is about 400 GB worth of jpg and a daunting 300K JSON files.
I would like to delete .json files at one go using the Terminal.
Thanks!

Solution
You can do this with a basic search of the folder. Go to the folder and in the search type .json, you will be presented with options 'Search This Mac' or the given folder. Just search the folder. Once it finds all the .json files, highlight and delete them.

CParsons

Estimable
Staff member
Dec 4, 2019
You can do this with a basic search of the folder. Go to the folder and in the search type .json, you will be presented with options 'Search This Mac' or the given folder. Just search the folder. Once it finds all the .json files, highlight and delete them.

Reactions: Liberbliss
Solution

Liberbliss

Prominent
Mar 3, 2020
Though belated, thanks to you for coming up with a solution! The same method of deleting .json files was noticed in some other Forum some two months back. My problem is resolved now.

Reactions: CParsons
Status
Not open for further replies.