dell 1530 dead? no start up, no lights, no nuthin'. charger adapter light on, but no light on laptop

crescentlake2013

Prominent
Aug 21, 2017
dell 1530 laptop has not been turned on for several months. When I tried to charge it with the ac adapter, no lights, no startup, nothing. Is it really dead. It was working fine with WIN 10 a few months ago.
Thanks for any help.

Try the following and see if it will turn on...

1. Unplug your charger cord.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
4. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
5. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop. You may also want to try charging it when the device is off, rather than on. If it works then, the cord is probably the issue.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

Try the following and see if it will turn on...

1. Unplug your charger cord.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
4. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
5. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop. You may also want to try charging it when the device is off, rather than on. If it works then, the cord is probably the issue.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 3
P Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 3
N Laptop Tech Support 1
V Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1