Dell Announces Inspiron Mini 12 Pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcus Yam

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2008
While I must say that a 12-inch notebook definitely puts this out of an sort of netbook range, and perhaps one that is confusingly called "Mini," it's still an attractive solution for students looking for a note-taking machine.

The only thing really holding it back from achieving greatness is its 1GB memory ceiling.

dtm4trix

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
SO what!! If they plan on shipping on December 8th I say good luck to them but customers buying one shouldn't hold their breath. I purchased the previous mini back in September and I am still waiting for it (Nov 13th). Go figure!! I have spent a lot of money with Dell and I can never get any kind of answer out of them. Basically cause their call centers are out of India and they basically don't know squat. /end rant

zodiacfml

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
i did not there is a 1.3 Ghz atom. can't imagine how slow would that be. i'm already complaining on the 1.73 Ghz Celeron M in my laptop.

radguy

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2008
I think the 1.3 ghz atom is probably right on par with a your celeron m in speed wise the 1.6 a little faster.
I think its the perfect size and screen but the price is too high. The aspire 1 can readily be found for 350 with xp/atom1.6/1gbram/80gbhd/gma950/1024x600/camera but its 8.9inch screen and small keyboard(larger for netbooks though) turns me off. The 10 inch is nicer but still really small and keyboards are the same. This is the perfect size but costs 200 bucks more. 450 and would have bought it sorry maybe next time dell.

Status
Not open for further replies.