Dell D600 Power Surges

bilalz400

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011
Hello There,
i have a dell d600 laptop which is doing some crazy things (auto turn off,power light and other indicator led's blinking crazily and sometimes not turning on)
also we changed the adapter but it ran fine for a day but then the other day same things started to happen like its some thing is shortened on the mobo also windows xp sometimes shows warning of power surges on usb port again and again even if i reset it also 1 usb is not working
So i am seeking for an answer
Thanks in advance :)

howardp6

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2008
The Dell D600 had overheating problems. My daugther had one and they had to replace three hard drives, the keyboard, the motherboard. under the extended warrantee and I replaced the lcd screen before junking it after the power supply connector on the mother board failed. I would try to clean out the air passages to the CPU cooler. , when I disassembed it completely I found it was full of lint.

bilalz400

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011

My hard disk also failed like your ones but i don't think that this can be a problem with overheating because if i change the adapter it will run fine for a day

YouTookMyName

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
I have similar problems, and while searching the thousands of threads for a solution. I found this.
Some Dell Latitude D6xx units with a dedicated ATI x300 graphics card seem to have problems with the audio-out jack. Symptoms of this problem include a noise or whine when an audio device is connected to the audio-out jack. Up to this date Dell does not have a clear solution to this problem.

A number of Dell Latitude D6xx units will develop microscopic fractures of the motherboard. Symptoms of this problem may include inability to turn on the computer, unexpected shut down within 30 seconds of being turned on, or visible screen artifacts while in operation. This problem also frequently contributes to the blue screen of death (BSOD) in Windows.