Dell Inspirion N7010 system recovery

lilmommatodd33801

Honorable
Apr 24, 2013
How to recover or restore back to factory...Had some viruses removed but not sure what sys. files, drivers (outdated), etc are missing. Can I use the Win 7 recovery from my Asus to make a bootable CD for my Dell.
Sorry for update delays, wasn't expecting response so quick. Since posting question...I found out many mistakes I made trying to restore PC. Thinking if I follow the Help instructions, 'I GOT THIS'...WRONG. First, tried to back up files/create sys repair disc. I obviously dont have a clue about correct process that takes, what's backed up, or the formatting/making DVD-R bootable, etc. Second, orig OS Win 7 Home Prem SP1 64bit and install disk I had was 32bit, causing my (new) install to be factory old w/o drivers, internet, and the Service Pack 1 it had to begin with. Looked like the guy that gave me laptop, had went crazy with it...Had numerous pop-ups from 10+ pc repair tools all set up on notify only, 3-4 media players installed with their own audio/video enhancements, and diff Internet docks w/ 2-3 toolbars on each. I thought OMG, thanks for the laptop, and the free headache, FRIEND. Downloaded malicious software removal tool, and it removed 1-Browser Modifier {WIN32/clodaconas} & 300+ files(not infected). At that point, started uninstalling/deleting whichever programs installed past factory date(last few years) with excepting of what I thought to be orig/updated necessary stuff.
Anyways, I'm sure I took out some factory apps/programs it had, used or needed; but never dreamed after all that work to rid of extra BS, installing MSecEss-antivirus and save an internet access that's functional. Didn't realize til after installing disc, my fun, online access, or any social life was now over...TEMPORARILY that is. Think my pride more hurt than anything after the hours spent, knowing it's got to be something simple(basic textbook stuff) and I'm backing up. (NEW) Win 7 kept me busy few days downloading drivers from alt. PC to USB flash which 64bit wasnt working now. After failing to fix my new problem, wishing I could erase new install completely, get educated more, try it again. Should've tried restoring back to earlier time, disc options only New or upgrade & wasnt sure if upgrade would've been Win 7 or 8. Must have done setup wrong too, cuz E: drive now saying Recovery and is 200 MB shy of 14.6 GB avail. with driver files that wont open. I gave up on the NEW Win 7 install, I can still get online thru OLD Win 7, so trying come up with plan to either create bootable USB/CD-free download. Hopefully clear up space/memory from New Win7 mistake. & fix/repair what's left of PC the easiest, cheapest way possible with what 2G thumb drives/ DVD-R's I have to work with. Out of 3 laptops, I just want one that's up-to-date & functioning. Thank you for taking time to read my updated novel. tried to sum it up as best I could. PLEASE, any possible ideas for this PC Dummy to get off friend's laptop and get MY OWN.

Solution
Well, depending on what Windows the Dell is running, it should have its own ability to restore back to factory without the bootable CD. At least if it is Windows 7 or newer.

1. Try going into "Control Panel" and click on "Backup and Restore".
2. On this new screen scroll to the bottom and click on "Recover system settings or your computer".
3. Here click on "Advanced recovery methods".
4. And now you can click on "Return your computer to factory condition".
Well, depending on what Windows the Dell is running, it should have its own ability to restore back to factory without the bootable CD. At least if it is Windows 7 or newer.

1. Try going into "Control Panel" and click on "Backup and Restore".
2. On this new screen scroll to the bottom and click on "Recover system settings or your computer".
3. Here click on "Advanced recovery methods".
4. And now you can click on "Return your computer to factory condition".

Solution