Dell inspiron 14z 5423 will not boot

Nixo78

Estimable
Jan 1, 2016
Hi !
I will try to explain me clearly, i'm not fluent in english. If you don't understand something, tell me.
My laptop Dell inspiron 14 z overheated, he suddendly stopped to work. One hour after, i try re-start it. I got black screen and 3 bips.
So i dissasembly my laptop(i damaged one of the RAM figures it after two attemps), for the first time and do a CMOS reset.
It's worked(black screen for 10 secs, then rebooted itself and after 10 sec it loaded the BIOS, then windows, before i took 2-3 seconds for boot to BIOS) when i removed the damaged RAM obviously.
One day later (after a night without working), again black screen, but no beeps, each day (2 days) i needed to dissasembly the laptop for CMOS reset. After the computer was 100% functional. I perfomed a diagnostic trough boot settings, and all was OK.
But yesterday, the CMOS reset do nothing. The laptop will not start.
I tested to start it with only battery, only charger, and both at the same time.
Fans start, HDD start turn then stop, then again. LED don't glow.
Thanks for the reading.
And i need this laptop for school, so CMOS reset at each boot is not a fix for me.
PS: please tell me, if you think i can get my PC back before monday, else i need to find a remplacement laptop.
Thanks ! (Sorry for the bad english, i'm on a phone)

Hi,

First, you've pretty much done all the possible troubleshooting steps.
But do try these steps again that may help, just skip those that you've already done.
- Do a hard reset, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it back up.
- Next is to reseat the RAM, remove them all for couple of seconds or interchange the RAM into each slots.
- Also do try another AC adapter that has the same voltage with yours or better yet try another AC adapter.
- If all these will not work chances are the motherboard is already damaged due to the overheat that happened.

Nixo78

Estimable
Jan 1, 2016

Thanks for the answere. You think the mobo is damaged ? But how the laptop could work, 3 times, after the overheat (after the CMOS reset) ?
EDIT: I dont have another AC adaptater for test. But the mobo get two PSU ? One for the battery, and another for the AC adaptater ? I'm wrong ?
I remember another thing: the laptop was not booting if i remove the CMOS battery.
EDIT2: Put my laptop HDD in a dekstop pc, and the PC will not boot with this HDD !!! I realy need the data in this HDD (i'm stupid, i didn't backuped it).
Why the HDD don't work, when the diagnostic said all OK ?

sdeanbaillie

Estimable
Jan 4, 2016
These laptops use intel rapid storage and therefore the disk is useless without the accompanying 32gb MSATA SSD and the correct bios configuration.

my wife's is also broken expected it overheated after using it on a duvet which covered the vents. power light after 3 other leds light up - no screen etc.

ttulinsky

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2012