Dell Inspiron 1564 Continuous Beep Sound

sr33kumar

Honorable
Aug 24, 2013
Whenever I switch on my laptop loading gets stuck at 75% on the dell logo screen. I have to continuosly keep on pressing some button during the loading screen so that it doesnt get stuck and loads into windows. As soon as windows loads if I open notepad or browser it automatically starts typing lots of "-" hyphen character. I tried checking wheteer the - key is stuck but it doesnt seem to be stuck. Its just like all other keys on my keyboard. I tried replacing the RAM, HDD but still this problem persists. Then I tried removing the keyboard and connecting an external keyboard via usb to my system and everything works perfectly. I checked the BIOS but there was no option to disable the built in keyboard thts why I had to remove the built in keyboard and connect an external one. Is it actually the keyboards problem? Is there any way to fix this issue? Will I hav to replace my keyboard? Pls help me with your valuable feedback!

Solution
If the laptop thinks a key is being pressed when it boots, then that could stall it. Definitely sounds like a stuck or broken key - especially if the laptop works okay with the keyboard removed. Just replace the keyboard - loads on eBay.

Barhumbug

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
If the laptop thinks a key is being pressed when it boots, then that could stall it. Definitely sounds like a stuck or broken key - especially if the laptop works okay with the keyboard removed. Just replace the keyboard - loads on eBay.

Solution

sr33kumar

Honorable
Aug 24, 2013

Thanks a lot for your reply. I will be getting a new keyboard soon. Dell Diagnostic Reported hard disk fault. But even after replacing the hard disk the same problem is there. So i Guess its keyboard problem after all like you said.