Dell Inspiron 15r 5537 graphics driver problem

adguglani

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013
So I just bought up Dell Inspiron 15r 5537 with core i7 4500u,8gb ram,radeon hd 8850m 2gb gddr5. I downloaded Skyrim and it was so laggy as it was running on integrated graphics. I think I need to install AMD drivers. But I don't know which drivers to install. Should I download the drivers from AMD website or Dell website? Both sites have different drivers for 8850m. AMD wesbite has catlyst 13.11 beta and dell has something different.

AMD website- http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/mobile?os=Windows%208%20-%2064

Dell - http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/indhs1/DriverDetails/Product/inspiron-15r-5537?driverId=PWTRP&osCode=W864&fileId=3287401962&languageCode=EN&categoryId=VI

Please help me installing the right drivers.

Solution
I have figured out my problem. It was actually with the drivers. I installed my graphics drivers from Dell website and the game was still laggy. After that I downloaded the latest beta drivers from AMD website and installed with Express option. Now Skyrim runs buttery smooth on Ultra settings.
If anyone has the same problem try following my instructions.

adguglani

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013
I have figured out my problem. It was actually with the drivers. I installed my graphics drivers from Dell website and the game was still laggy. After that I downloaded the latest beta drivers from AMD website and installed with Express option. Now Skyrim runs buttery smooth on Ultra settings.
If anyone has the same problem try following my instructions.

Solution

trevoxchew

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013

hey, i already installed the driver but still couldn't run Rome Total War 1, which actually ran pretty well on my desktop xp.

I'm using the exact laptop you're using.. sad...

adguglani

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013

Did you install the latest beta drivers from AMD website and selecting express option in the installer?

urukhai119

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013

I'm using the same laptop with you and did everything you say including installing with express option but still my fps is still low. I'm playing COD MW3, an old game but still low fps.

adguglani

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013
[/quotemsg]

I'm using the same laptop with you and did everything you say including installing with express option but still my fps is still low. I'm playing COD MW3, an old game but still low fps.[/quotemsg]

I think the beta drivers have some problem. When I downloaded them my laptop couldn't shut down and sometimes it couldn't wake up when the screen turned off. But I could play skyrim with nice frame rates. I had to refresh my laptop. I played Saints Row 4 just 2 days ago with beta drivers and it was pretty nice even on ultra settings. Next day I was not even able to get smooth gameplay even on medium settings then I uninstalled beta drivers and reinstalled stock drivers, I still had the same problem. I'll be testing Dishonored on my laptop tomorrow.

urukhai119

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013

I'm using the same laptop with you and did everything you say including installing with express option but still my fps is still low. I'm playing COD MW3, an old game but still low fps.[/quotemsg]

I think the beta drivers have some problem. When I downloaded them my laptop couldn't shut down and sometimes it couldn't wake up when the screen turned off. But I could play skyrim with nice frame rates. I had to refresh my laptop. I played Saints Row 4 just 2 days ago with beta drivers and it was pretty nice even on ultra settings. Next day I was not even able to get smooth gameplay even on medium settings then I uninstalled beta drivers and reinstalled stock drivers, I still had the same problem. I'll be testing Dishonored on my laptop tomorrow.[/quotemsg]

Do inform me about it. I played Saint Row 4 yesterday with medium setting but still i can see the fps drop even a little bit with a sudden rough game display. Idk why radeon graphic cards are like this. I used to own an nvidia laptop 525m and play cod mw3 with high setting including max AA, still smoother than my new laptop and no lag at all. Sigh:pfff:

adguglani

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013
@urukhai119
I tried contacting Dell customer support and they said I should update my BIOS to latest version. But nothing seems to be changed in Saints Row 4.
I just installed Grid 2 and Dishonored. The gameplay is so smooth in Grid 2 on maximum settings when switched to radeon 8850m. And to make sure that it was running on amd, I tried playing it on intel hd 4400 it totally sucked. And for Dishonored, I got constant 60 fps on maximum settings. Dishonored is not a much hardware demanding game so it should obviously run smooth. I'd be uploading some gameplay videos for radeon hd 8850m on my YouTube channel. Make sure you check 'em out.

urukhai119

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013

Alright just gimme your link and i'll subcribe :D
Do inform if anything changes. Sharing is caring :pt1cable:

Limbo55

Honorable
Dec 14, 2013

Hi there,
I have same problem. I have new Dell Inspiron 15R 5537, Win7 with core i5 4200u, 8GB RAM, Radeon HD 8850m 2gGB gddr5. Version of drivers for Radeon is 12.105.4.0 (from Dell page). It still doens't work :( can I rollback to earlier version somehow to make it work?

Limbo55

Honorable
Dec 14, 2013
Hello, I think I finally got a solution. For this type of computer with I5 or i7 you need to instal not only Ati Radeon drivers from Dell page http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/Product/inspiron-15r-5537?~ck=mn for Win7 (f.e. AMD Radeon HD 8850M / 8870M Driver), but also intel drivers (for my computer 5537 DELL i5 Intel HD Graphics 4400 Driver). After couple of restarts my Radeon 8850M is finaly working. Hope it helps.
VeikiaRadeon%252BIntel.png

adguglani

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013

Are you sure? I was already able to see the 8850m in device manager on the first day I bought the laptop even without updating the drivers. Btw, did you install intel drivers from Dell's website or intel's?

Kanchana Lakmal

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014

can someone confirm is method mentioned by limbo55 works

Zubair86

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
i have the same laptop dell inspiron 15r n5537 i7, 2gb radeon 8850. I have installed windows 7 after removing ubuntu, i have installed its drivers from dell website,http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/servicetag/3L54QX1
but the driver of graphic card has not installed it shows error during installation. and the graphic card is not being shown on device manager.please tell me its solution.

Tauseef Rehman

Estimable
May 16, 2014

I think the beta drivers have some problem. When I downloaded them my laptop couldn't shut down and sometimes it couldn't wake up when the screen turned off. But I could play skyrim with nice frame rates. I had to refresh my laptop. I played Saints Row 4 just 2 days ago with beta drivers and it was pretty nice even on ultra settings. Next day I was not even able to get smooth gameplay even on medium settings then I uninstalled beta drivers and reinstalled stock drivers, I still had the same problem. I'll be testing Dishonored on my laptop tomorrow.[/quotemsg]

I have the same laptop and i installed windows 8.1 and used AMD auto detect software to download drivers for me. but when i installed it. after some time it stopped working. and when i switched it off and when the next day i tried to switch it on. there was nothing on the screen. just a small line and thats it.

salehshiraliev

Estimable
May 31, 2014

But you are gonna face some problems with sleep mode.
I wonder if Dell is going to solve this problem and make some fresh drivers so we can run games normally. I guess they are not.
Awful company, this is the last time when i buy Dell products.