DELL insprion 7567 major fps drops during games

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmiht

Prominent
Apr 19, 2017
Windows CPU: I5-7300HQ GPU: GTX 1050ti (notebook) ram: 8gb 256 ssd (sandisk x400 M.2 2280)

Hi there, so i've had this laptop for a little over a week, and gaming was normal. It was a little hot at times but for the most part, I didn't experience any fps issues. The idle temperatures were a little warm as cpu @ 45c and gpu @ around 40c.
After playing rocket league while installing another game, my entire screen had frozen, but I was still able to move my cursor. When i rebooted my laptop, I had experienced major fps issues after a minute or two. I would be averaging around 126 fps and then I would have drops until around 30 fps.

I have taken a screenshot with HWMONITOR to see if I was throttling and I wasn't too sure. However, whenever i load any game now, I'll experience a decrease in fps after a while with the system limitting power to the cpu and gpu. Should I return this laptop or is there a fix for this as I haven't experienced anything like this until now.

SS of HWMONITOR: http://imgur.com/a/djvPU

Solution
If it's a new system first thing I'd try is a factory restore to get any software issues out of the way. Re-install the game, try it again. Next time do not do other tasks while playing a game.
Status
Not open for further replies.