Question DELL Keyboard changin keys, not working ok, strange behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 31, 2023
Hello, I have a DELL Vostro 3400, Windows 11. My keyboard is having a strange behavior. When I switch on the computer, it is normal, works ok. After some time (sometimes after 5min sometimes after 2hr) the arrow up starts to reduce the brightness of screen, the left arrow returns a strange character like "/n" or "/g"...if I restart the laptop it goes back to normal and then after some time it starts again. All the drives are updated, I tried to delete the keyboard drive and install it again. If I use an USB keyboard the problem doens´t happen, only on the built-in keyboard. I posted a question on Windows forum and they suggested me to use these commands: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth [Enter] , Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth [Enter] , SFC /SCANNOW [Enter]. It helps but has the same effect as restarting the computer, after some time problem happens again.

Could anyone please help me with it? Thanks in advance.

Mar 31, 2023
sound like an app or utility running in the background.

Yes, I think it could be. Windows has also suggested me to do a "clean start" disabling all the software that are not Microsoft...but the problem was not solved. It happened again...

I use usb mouse and a second monitor...I tried to not use them (mouse and monitor) to see if it would make any difference, but still the same problem happens.

Any suggestions how to find out what´s wrong? With this information I sent you, do you think it could be a deffective keyboard?

Thanks.

Mar 31, 2023
that doesn't tell me what exact is running on your system right now.

did you test in safe mode?

could try booting from a linux usb. and see if the issue still occur
OK, I´ll try this 02 options. Today is one of those days that the problem is taking longer to happen...but as soons as it occurs I´ll try and let you know.
:)

Jason-Julius

Banned
BANNED
Jun 14, 2023
In this case, I recommend contacting Dell support or taking your laptop to an authorized Dell service centre for further assistance. They will be able to diagnose the issue more accurately and provide appropriate solutions, such as repairing or replacing the keyboard if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.