Question Dell laptop makes popping and booming sound

Aug 3, 2020
Recently I’ve had an audio problem where I press play on a sound (iTunes, Spotify, Netflix, YouTube) the playback stutters and delays for a quick second, a big boom and click comes from my speakers (plugged in Logitech speakers w subwoofer) and then the audio plays as normal. I’ve tried disabling audio drivers, disabling sound devices, unplugging the speakers & nothing seems to work. I think this is a Microsoft problem or a computer problem as it doesn’t happen when I plug my iPhone into the speakers. I have updated, unistalled and reinstalled audio drivers, and have asked elsewhere with no luck. Thanks for the help

(Dell G5 5590 laptop)

Aug 3, 2020
This issue happens with all speakers, laptop and other externals not just your Logitech ones? Did you try a Windows update? Check for a BIOS update as well. The drivers you used, did they come from the Dell site?
yes, yes, and yes. i also did a windows upgrade from an ISO image, and updated drivers and BIOS as well. i'm thinking it's more of a computer issue in general that manifests itself with audio clicks, rather than speficially an audio issue because it happens sometimes even when i'm just idling on desktop. but most of the time it happens right after i perform an action such as pressing play on itunes or start on a youtube video