dell laptop sudden shut down

Quanta090

Estimable
May 22, 2015
HI im gonna ask again my dell inspiron 14r when im using the AC mode it just sudden or force shut down like a black out any way to fix this :D
I kinda wanna use my laptop without the battery to save my money if my battery starts to be of no use :D

ShrikanthAtDell

Estimable
Nov 6, 2014
Hello Quanta090,

My name is Shrikanth and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell. Do you get any error message when the system shuts down? Does the laptop shutdown when connected to AC adapter alone? Please try these steps
Remove AC adaptor.
Remove battery.
Press and hold power button for 10-15 seconds.
Plug AC adaptor and boot up.
Switch off the laptop.
Put the battery back in and try starting again.

Let me know if it helped.

Thanks and regards
Shrikanth G
Social Media and Community Professional
Order Status : http://dell.to/1mpzOt7
Download Drivers : http://dell.to/1pkzznO

Quanta090

Estimable
May 22, 2015

I think my question was the other way around i actually don't want to use my battery to save up i kinda wanna use my laptop without it but from time to time it just force/sudden shutdown like a black out no warning comes up it just pulls out and goes out. Sorry for my misdirection

ShrikanthAtDell

Estimable
Nov 6, 2014

So you mean to say when your laptop is connected only to adapter the system shuts down all of a sudden without any errors right? Do you get any bluescreen before shutting? .

Regards
Shrikanth G

Quanta090

Estimable
May 22, 2015

Nope just a sudden shut down like a black out if the electricity goes out no blue screen just a force/sudden shut down any way to fix it my good sir :D

ShrikanthAtDell

Estimable
Nov 6, 2014

So your laptop just shuts down no matter if it’s connected to adaptor or battery. Is your laptop heating up more than normal?

shrikanth g

Quanta090

Estimable
May 22, 2015

NO heat i just want to use it only using the charger like a pc but every hour or and random moment is just goes out like a power out </3

ShrikanthAtDell

Estimable
Nov 6, 2014

Please private message me the service tag let me check for service options if your system is still under warranty.

Regards
Shrikanth G