Dell Latitude 7350 (2-in-1) won't boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raymond_51

Prominent
Apr 13, 2017
I was using laptop last night with no obvious issues. All of a sudden got black screen, wasnt sure if sleeping or powered down.

Pressed usual power buttons but no boot up.
(1) When powered in to AC I have 2 solid white lights indicating power OK on base unit (keyboard) and main display
(2) Have tried holding power down for 15 seconds+ with no effect
(3) Have disconnected main battery and CMOS battery and re-seated, made no difference
(4) When I press the power button the keyboard lights up as if it is about to do something but nothing happens

As it is a SSD I cannot detect if anything is 'spinning' or working, just lights to go by - but in the end all I have is the dreaded black screen...

Raymond_51

Prominent
Apr 13, 2017
Thanks Teset - I had already went through the Dell engineer thing, but they went straight for 'we'll send an engineer out after Easter', unfortunately time is not on my side so I decided to try and repair myself. Have tried to boot from docked state, undocked state, holding down power button for 30 seconds, holding down power + various other buttons for 30+ seconds, just going around in circles. My best guess would be board is screwed but was hoping somebody else had another way of diagnosing. I'm not shy when it comes to opening up the box and having a good old poke!

holly1948

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017
I had this on a brand new, never used, Dell L3 7350.
The solution turned out to be -
separate and rejoin the two halves two or three times.
I would guess the contact had oxidized while the laptop sat unsold for two years, even though brand new. Just a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.