Question Dell Latitude E7270 Won't Power On

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 29, 2020
Hi, I recently bought a second hand Dell Latitude E7270 from eBay. It didn't come with RAM, Disk, Battery etc. but as I have a spare battery. I just purchased memory and disk. On insert of memory it powered up and I could get to the bios. Next, I added the battery and then it stopped powering on. I tried the reset function i.e. holding down power button for 60 secs without mains and battery connected. But nothing happens, no lights or anything. If I initiate an ePSA boot i.e. hold down power while plugging in the mains adapter, the power light comes on at the front and also on the power button. The caps lock flashes once, like on a normal good boot, then nothing else happens, blank screen no fans. Does anyone else have any ideas on how to fix this?

Mains adapter is fine and works in other Dell laptops. I tried switching memory round from another working E7270 laptop but this did not make any difference.

ePSA info: https://www.dell.com/support/articl...-or-boot-failure-on-dell-latitude-pcs?lang=en

Many thanks,

Russ

Feb 29, 2020
The laptop has definitely been opened before and I purchased it from eBay. Is there anything that typically goes wrong with these motherboards that can be repaired?

Thanks very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.