Dell M1730 won't power on

gfhoihoi72

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013
Hello,

I have bought a faulty Dell M1730 without an adapter. The battery in the laptop says it's a 11.1V battery. I measured that the battery now provides 12V, so it is charged I think. But if I try to power on the laptop, nothing happens. If i hold the power button for a second, the battery LED goes on, then the power led goed on for a second and then they both turn off again and nothing happens after that. So is the battery just dead or is it a problem with the laptop. Or do I just have to buy an adapter first and test it with the adapter? Thanks for the help!

(Sorry for my bad english if it is bad :p)

gfhoihoi72

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013

I tried powering on the laptop with only the adapter, but it still doesn't work. Now only the left speaker LED turns on and the caps lock led is flashing. Further nothing.

UPDATE: Ok, I reinstalled the RAM and now all the LED's turn on (Dell logo led, speaker leds, power led, battery led) and the num-lock and caps-lock buttons work fine. But nothing happens, it doesn't read the hard drive. If I press D+power, I see all colors on the screen, and after that it doesn't do anything. Also no fans are spinning!