Dell n5110 i7 displays PXE-M0F: PXE ROM

cookiemnster840

Estimable
Aug 13, 2014
after BIOS boots states: reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key.

Dvd drive boots parted magic and spotmau just fine but neither can find my HDD. I was using pc one night and fell asleep with system running (like usual) when I woke up next morning my system was off and this is the msg it was giving. I used a laptop cooler since getting the system and never ran system w/o the cooler. I have since changed the 64GB SSD HDD to a 256GB HDD with identical results. HDD swaps with this model are not routine as with different makes/models and take some time to do. No matter what I've tried (i've been a pc tech for about 13 yrs now) I get the same results. I've even tried using the cd/dvd bay to plug in several different Hdds and nothing works. Any help would be appreciated.

I do not see an option to disable lan boot only boot order ( in which I have made network the very last option) and I went ahead and disabled the integrated NIC in bios advanced tab. I'm running bios ver. A11 btw if that's important. Now just tells me to "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key." BIOS still doesn't list anything other than my optical drive being present.

cookiemnster840

Estimable
Aug 13, 2014

BIOS still doesnt list any hardware other than the optical drive. Still asking for proper boot device. It just simply refuses to find any hdds i install and swapping hdds with this particular system is not all that convenient. Takes forever, and gives same results...nothing.. Plz help if you can would be much appreciated!

cookiemnster840

Estimable
Aug 13, 2014
I meant that I only have had one HDD installed at a time using several different HDDs just to make sure the HDDs were not faulty. I installed the different HDDs (one at a time) in 2 different slots. I swapped the HDD on the bottom of the MB twice and even tried the SATA port in the optical bay using several diff configs (e.g. install HDD on just MB with 2 different drives one at a time and tried just optical bay SATA ports w/o HDD connected to MB one at a time) and still have no results. BIOS still shows only cd/dvd drive installed when HDDs attached to MB, and when HDD was in optical bay only BIOS showed nothing was installed... For some reason the optical bay only recognizes a cd/dvd drive. Thank you in advance for any help with this matter.

TRENDING THREADS