vn_mnm

Estimable
Feb 23, 2015
Hi everyone,

I have a Dell XPS 13 2015 with the following specs:
_CPU : Core i5 5200U
_RAM : 8gb
_Hard drive : 256gb SSD

Until recently, I have just formatted my hard drive and reinstalled Windows 8.1 using the official USB kit from Dell. However, when I go to the 'Power Options' in the Control Panel, the Dell power plan, originally installed in it when Dell first sold the laptop to me, is now no longer there.

Without it, my laptop running the 'Balanced' power plan drains battery faster than Type-2 diabet !

If anyone here use the same laptop as me and still retain its original Dell power plan, can you please share me the file of it and how to install the plan ? If you dont have the file but still have the plan, can you screenshot every single configuration in its advanced settings so that I can create one myself ?

Thank you very much to anyone who helps me out

vn_mnm

Estimable
Feb 23, 2015

I had already done so, all of my neccessary drivers have been installed, but the Dell power plan does not show up :(

vn_mnm

Estimable
Feb 23, 2015

I had already done so, but the 'Dell' power plan does not seem to appear anywhere in my laptop :heink:

It would seem so. There must be a Dell Forum somewhere, possibly linked on their own site.

I'm on my Linux netbook at the moment so I can't check this out but surely you can create a custom power saving scheme that suits your needs in Control Panel>Power Options.

vn_mnm

Estimable
Feb 23, 2015

It would be the best and fastest solution for me if you or anyone using the same laptop as mine screenshooting every single configuration line of the Dell power plan's advanced settings and post it here for me to mimic.