Dell Streak Coming ''Late July'' (Next Week)

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Top of Dell Advert

"We fit the whole world into 5"

Will you kindly remove those poor dwarf androids from your phone and put their world back where you found it!"

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
please tell me this isn't an at&t exclusive >_<

i was looking at it before when it was just specs, 5 inch screen would be awsome... but at&t = dealbreaker, i like being able to actually use my phone not jus thave a cool hanset with no signal

Boxa786

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
[citation][nom]G00fySmiley[/nom]please tell me this isn't an at&t exclusive >_< i was looking at it before when it was just specs, 5 inch screen would be awsome... but at&t = dealbreaker, i like being able to actually use my phone not jus thave a cool hanset with no signal[/citation]

You must be holding it wrong!

asdf634

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
5 inches? As sweet as it may look, I think it's a little too big for a "phone".

... and let's hope it doesn't come with spyware.

G

It comes with a modified Android 1.6 out of the box...get the facts straight...

SlickyFats

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
[citation][nom]yungboss36[/nom]i thought the streak had 1.6? has it really changed to 2.1?[/citation][citation][nom]jesusloves[/nom]It comes with a modified Android 1.6 out of the box...get the facts straight...[/citation]

Seriously. Everything I have read also says it's 1.6 with an update to 2.2 promised this year. The 1.6 was the only apprehension I had about this 'phone'. If it has 2.1 then I will go ahead and get it. I am already signed up for Dell's 24-hour presale with the $0.99 headset and free shipping.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
I was realy interested in this device untill i saw the size, It is MASSIVE!
For me it is just too big... Iphone is too big and the Dell dwarfs it.

exodite

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010
[citation][nom]maydaynomore[/nom]The only reason not to get this is: AT&T![/citation]
That's only true if you live in the US though, here in Sweden there's no such thing as an exclusive device.

Granted, we'll probably going to have to wait longer to get our hands on the Streak as well.

g0rilla

Distinguished
May 15, 2007
[citation][nom]BaraCubra[/nom]5 inches of eyecandy. I wonder how uncomfy it feels in a pocket..[/citation]

Is that a Dell Streak in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

jimslaid2

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
Why do I want to pay extra every month for a pocket PC? Is 3G really that necessary? Why does everything need 3G? This is not a phone correct?

SlickyFats

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
[citation][nom]jimslaid2[/nom]Why do I want to pay extra every month for a pocket PC? Is 3G really that necessary? Why does everything need 3G? This is not a phone correct?[/citation]
It IS a phone also. It has an ear piece & microphone and phone dialer. The 3G is also 'needed' for high speed internet access when not around WiFi.

Status
Not open for further replies.