Dell Vestro 1000 refuse to boot up, but a green light continuely beep ontop of the key boardf the

Tarnue

Estimable
Oct 15, 2014
I have a Dell Vestro laptop 1000 series that does not boot at all with a green light blinking right on top of the key board.

Solution
What do you mean by the keyboard light is blinking?

Also try removing all the memory sticks from the system then try turn it on, if you get different results i would say put 1 stick at a time, and try to narrow it down to see if its the stick or the slot.

If you get the same results as you have been getting, remove all other device, hard drive, and optical drive. if issues continues you may be looking at a bad motherboard.

Vostro 1000 Service manual :
ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_laptop/esuprt_vostro_notebook/vostro-1000_Service%20Manual_en-us.pdf

There is the manual just incase you need assistance how to remove any of the components.

Hope this helps Tarnue!

Orgie

Estimable
Oct 1, 2014
What do you mean by the keyboard light is blinking?

Also try removing all the memory sticks from the system then try turn it on, if you get different results i would say put 1 stick at a time, and try to narrow it down to see if its the stick or the slot.

If you get the same results as you have been getting, remove all other device, hard drive, and optical drive. if issues continues you may be looking at a bad motherboard.

Vostro 1000 Service manual :
ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_laptop/esuprt_vostro_notebook/vostro-1000_Service%20Manual_en-us.pdf

There is the manual just incase you need assistance how to remove any of the components.

Hope this helps Tarnue!

Solution