Dell XPS L702X won't recognize generic battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susanashows

Prominent
May 12, 2017
HELP! I am no computer expert. My original battery won't hold any charge. I bought a generic on Amazon and it worked when I put it in, but it wouldn't charge. I kept getting orange lights blinking saying I needed to replace the battery. I've google a lot but the explanations are so complicated. I need to know if it is my laptop that is broken or if there is a trick to lure the laptop into accepting a non-branded battery or what to do. HELP!

Solution
Well, the battery you got, since it is aftermarket, could just not be correct. Aftermarket batteries are hit or miss.

If, however, the battery isn't the problem, it could be your charger. Try turning off the laptop and see if it will charge then. If it does, but then doesn't charge when the laptop is turned on, the charger needs replacing. It means it isn't putting out enough power to both run the device and power the battery together.
Well, the battery you got, since it is aftermarket, could just not be correct. Aftermarket batteries are hit or miss.

If, however, the battery isn't the problem, it could be your charger. Try turning off the laptop and see if it will charge then. If it does, but then doesn't charge when the laptop is turned on, the charger needs replacing. It means it isn't putting out enough power to both run the device and power the battery together.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.