Delta Accused of Hacking Passenger's PC

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

danimal_the_animal

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2006
You guys are ALL arguing for NOTHING.

I used to work for Delta airlines and Delta Tech is the Department Responsible for Computer issues.....I used to work in that Department and None of these guys are even remotely capable of hacking PERIOD....This lady's claims are BULLSHIT....Techs have better things to do like trying to close open tickets and catch the metro link at 2pm before it departs so we can get home to our families.....it must be someone else......

Parsifal57

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
I believe the current FAA rules prevent the serving of food/drinks and going to the bathroom whilst on active taxiways. Perhaps it would be better if the campaigner was lobbying for the FAA to provide some provisions for the relaxing of those rules in specific situations.

Then perhaps we'd be able to see if it was the airlines or the regulations were at fault.

Most of the bill of rights for passengers i agree with, but the sort of publicity this is going to get is going to do more harm to her organization that help it, especially if she looses.

jabliese

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Anyone else wondering how this bill would cost airlines $40 million? More likely, it would generate more revenue than it costs.

jcknouse

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]jabliese[/nom]Anyone else wondering how this bill would cost airlines $40 million? More likely, it would generate more revenue than it costs.[/citation]

if the bill required airlines to *give* passengers free food and water on long tarmac delays...well...let's just say, i'd have gotten several in the years i've been flying.

of course if the airlines estimated that number, they'd be telling you $40M based on that 4 oz bottle of water and .5 oz bag of pretzels that they'll claim cost them $1 each. lol

If what she claims is true, I personally hope she wins and takes Delta to the cleaners. Their execs have been losing them money for years now, and their service on-board has gone to pot.

Of course, her laptop password was probably her dog's name or her birthday or something real easy if a hacker got into that easily.

blackbeastofaaaaagh

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Many of the comments here on airline's treatment of passengers are over simplifications. In the end, you always get what you pay for.

The airline industry is a highly competitive sector. Passengers always want the lowest fair. To have plans in place, in order to provide service for passengers, when things do go wrong (weather, mechanical difficulties) are all added expenses. For the most part, passengers have voted with their wallets, that they want: airlines that don't have the budget for backup plans, aircraft with cramped seats, and miniscule (you will always hear big American people complain about this one) or no meals.

Also, no one wants an airport in their back yard or pay more taxes to expand existing ones.

jalt

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2009
Money, gang, money.

We are kept in the plane because Airlines are charged for the time a plane spends at the gate. Once they push the plane away, the cash register is closed. It costs money to pull the plane back in. It'll take regs to fix that.

greenspoon

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2007
What has our society come to? It used to take months to cross the US. People would die along the way from sickness and famine. Now it takes a 5 hour flight, and people get upset when they have a delay and are made to feel 'uncomfortable'. It is just like these lawsuits that you see on TV for things like MRI Die that have saved the lives of millions of people, but a handful had adverse side effects and the drug industry is made to pay. Our society is so upside-down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LkusicUL2s

falconqc

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2002
Clams are tasty. AOL sucks. And what the hell makes this woman think it was Delta Airlines who hacked in her computer? I think it's more plausible that she just got a virus that messed up her computer. I can think of Win32.AOL for one.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]Kelavarus[/nom]"filed in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas"Would like to know where Hanni is based. If it's not Texas, I call shenanigans and tell her to stop using AOL in the first place. Get a real provider.[/citation]

Not sure where she lives but everything I am reading points to her living in Texas. When she was stuck on the plane for 9 hours or so it was in the state of Texas and it sounds as if she was returning home but I can't be positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.