Details of PS3 Firmware 3.0 Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave_69

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009
Well, at least they're not totally ignoring the firmware issue, like they did was PS2 compatibility (mostly).

deltatux

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
not that big of a deal to really call it version 3.0... would like to see more stuff though ... then again I own a Wii60 combo so doesn't really affect me too much until I go to my friend's place to play the PS3 lol.

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
Maybe Microsoft should sue them for infringing on some kind of friends list for online gaming patent. That's along the same lines as the other ones against them in the last few days.

stevo777

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2008
Personally, I really like my PS3. The systems pretty powerful, but I'm surprised they haven't tried to get a little more out of the hardware with a software optimization upgrade.

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
The lockout of linux won't happen if you own the early version of the hardware before the silm. Silm is vastly different the previous version so I can see why they dropped Linux support. HOWEVER, being in nature of hacking community this won't stop them. They will figure out a way to install Linux onto the slim. Just Sony won't support it.

nitto555rchallenger

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
[citation][nom]false_dmitry_ii[/nom]Maybe Microsoft should sue them for infringing on some kind of friends list for online gaming patent. That's along the same lines as the other ones against them in the last few days.[/citation]
Pc game developers would the first to sue, cuz they had that implemented like a decade or more ago.

yea 3.0 does sound like a flop. No backwards capability and Linux for the newer consoles, while this shouldn't affect the older consoles at all. No netflix cuz 360 has cornered that. So so behind the times with online multi-player games.

I can only hope that its most talked-about games like MAG, Uncharted 2, and GT5 becomes huge hits.

Dmerc

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Add backwards compatibility and PS3 sales should increase. Then the PS3 should have access to the biggest game library (PS1, PS2 and PS3 games) for any console.

TemjinGold

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2007
With all the cost dropping happening, I don't see why they can't add BC back. I'm afraid of my PS3 (original 60gb version) ever breaking now because I won't be able to get one back that has BC...

kiniku

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009
One thing thats undeniable, Sony's been very proactive on the firmware updates to the PS3 and making improvements. Not only for the game but also enhancing it's Blue Ray features. the PS3 is here for the long haul despite the doom and gloom predictions by the 360 fanbois.

Status
Not open for further replies.