Device that can transmit 5.1 or 7.1 wireless audio?

FrikkieFokStok

Estimable
Jul 15, 2014
Hi, I have a long HDMI cable running from my PC in my room to my TV in the lounge for when I want to watch movies or game on the couch. I have an extra set of 5.1 Logitech speakers that I'd like to use with the TV. I think it's too far to use cables and that the signal will weaken too much. Is there a wireless device that can transmit and receive 5.1 audio over a distance?

basroil

Honorable
You have a few options:
1) Buy a receiver (amp) with wireless or ethernet connectivity (best option)
2) Buy an amp with digital optical in and use the HDMI for audio, through the TV, to the amp
3) Buy a NUC or another small form factor PC just for the TV

basroil

Honorable
You have a few options:
1) Buy a receiver (amp) with wireless or ethernet connectivity (best option)
2) Buy an amp with digital optical in and use the HDMI for audio, through the TV, to the amp
3) Buy a NUC or another small form factor PC just for the TV

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ArcadenceBlaine Audio 1
S Audio 0
S Audio 1
medinad92 Audio 0
K Audio 1
S Audio 1
OhGod Audio 2
velkugan Audio 2
V Audio 1
B Audio 3
iOnlyRave Audio 0
K Audio 2
P Audio 0
D Audio 2
A Audio 1
accessgamer Audio 3
S Audio 1
V Audio 1
J Audio 2
A Audio 1
Similar threads
Question 1 Headset, 2 Devices (Computer and Xbox 1X)
Question Audio device keeps disconnecting and reconnecting intermittently
Question Xbox & Computer both connected to same monitor... How can I get my standalone speakers to play audio through both devices?
Question Blue Snowball Ice only picks up sound when listen to this device is enabled
Question Device to use wired headphones with TV
Question Connecting multiple devices (DVR, Blu-ray, Apple TV., gaming console) to soundbar or TV?
Question Audio Devices
Question How to upgrade Sony MHC-GN88D with external Bluetooth Device
Question Speakers and headphones are not recognized as separate devices, and sound plays in both.
Question Feedback/low frequency hum on ATH 40x from PC but on on other devices
Question ModMic USB - Can't find the device
Question Device that controls speaker and headphones
Question Controlling Bluetooth headphone volume from external device intermittent
Solved! Crackling/static noise in soundbar USB Audio Device and HDMI TV Voice meter combination
Question Is there such a thing as a speaker switch to play speakers from 2 different devices with priority?
2.4 Ghz GAMING HEAD SET and EARBUDS INLINE MIC NOT WORKING ON MOBILE DEVICE WHEN CONNECTED VIA
How to connect USB headset to device with optical output?
I am trying to connect a home theater system and an external reciever also (to get more blast) what device can I get?
Solved! Audio from HDMI devices connected to TV to amplifier via TosLink Issue?
Solved! What's the best way to do wifi audio streaming without an Android/iOS device?

ASK THE COMMUNITY