Did I damage my audio CDs with my space heater?

thrawn327

Great
Jun 11, 2018
I have a large collection of audio CDs stored in CD storage cases under my bed. I spent about 10 to 20 minutes doing some reorganizing in the bins after I had bought some new audio CDs and ripped them to my computer. I like to keep my CD collection properly categorized and alphabetized. Because of some problems with my home's main heater unit, I use a space heater near my bed for the time being. I had the heater set to high power with the temperature around 50%. I had placed some of CDs, which were in their jewel cases, on the floor while I was doing the reorganizing during those 10 to 20 minutes. When I put some of the CDs back into the bins, their cases felt warm to the touch. They weren't like hot, but noticeably warm. The CD cases were two or three feet away from the heater and at about a 45 degree angle away from the heater. I am generally careful with my CDs because I wish to preserve them as long as possible in case I need them to re-rip my songs if my music files either get lost or corrupted on my computer. I am concerned that I may have unintentionally damaged a few of my CDs. I haven't had time to play them because of other matters at this time. What are the chances that the CDs may be damaged?

Thanks in advance.

Solution

I mean there are two chances of you damaging your CDs, Slim and none. Most likely you do NOT need to worry about it.

clarkjd

Distinguished

I mean there are two chances of you damaging your CDs, Slim and none. Most likely you do NOT need to worry about it.

Solution