Solved! Different between PC to TV and TV netflix app

Alon1234AS

Estimable
Aug 30, 2015
Hey guys. I have a Samsung Q60R Smart TV. My graphics card is 1080ti and I'm using Windows 10.
I have noticed a huge difference in quality between streaming movies PC to TV and streaming through the native tv Netflix app.
The TV display settings are the same so I assume it's something in the windows color settings but I can't find the cause of the problem. Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

2 tv snaps:
Upper image: Original Netflix app
Bottom one: PC to TV Netflix app

c4h3BjL.jpg

VrjteH7.jpg

Solution
Yea for sure sounds like its a setting. I would try digging around in the display setting. Right click on a blank spot on your desktop and then select display settings. You might try changing the resolution FIRST (the higher the numbers the better), but you will find color settings in there too. :)

pkcable

Great
Oct 30, 2019
How are you getting the PC signal to the TV? Are you using a cable, HDMI, DP, USBC to HDMI etc to directly connect the PC? Or are you "casting" via Chromecast, Miracast, etc through your WiFi to the TV?

Alon1234AS

Estimable
Aug 30, 2015
I use an HDMI cable to connect the pc video card to the TV.
The picture that comes out on the TV looks very similar to the one that the PC monitor shows, and that makes me more sure that the problem lies somewhere in the Windows color settings...:unsure:
Also noticed that the same difference happens in Youtube (youtube.com vs native app on the Samsung TV) so unsurprisingly the problem isn't Netflix only.

pkcable

Great
Oct 30, 2019
Yea for sure sounds like its a setting. I would try digging around in the display setting. Right click on a blank spot on your desktop and then select display settings. You might try changing the resolution FIRST (the higher the numbers the better), but you will find color settings in there too. :)

Solution