digital audio( optical) output

jdsathe

Commendable
Mar 31, 2016
I have panasonic smart tv. Its digital audio output socket is broken accidentally. Panasonic costumer care says it need to change tv motherboard.
Is there any other option like rca to optical convetor etc. kindly advise.

If your TV has analog RCA audio out and your audio device doesn't then an ADC could be used used.https://www.amazon.com/SANOXY-Analog-Digital-Converter-Adapter/dp/B005F20756
If there is a repair shop near you they should be able to fix the optical output if the problem is just the jack. If you can see red light coming from the end of the toslink cable it will work. You might need to tape it in place since the jacks only function is to keep the cable from falling out.

If your TV has analog RCA audio out and your audio device doesn't then an ADC could be used used.https://www.amazon.com/SANOXY-Analog-Digital-Converter-Adapter/dp/B005F20756
If there is a repair shop near you they should be able to fix the optical output if the problem is just the jack. If you can see red light coming from the end of the toslink cable it will work. You might need to tape it in place since the jacks only function is to keep the cable from falling out.

If this is an optical out, you may just want to duct-tape the cable on and it probably works just fine. It probably broke the plastic holding piece and not the LED transducer which is practically indestructible. Do you still see a red light (don't look at it directly)?

Analog to digital converter will work but you are going to get stereo only.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sitansudas Streaming Video & TVs 2
F Streaming Video & TVs 3
S Streaming Video & TVs 7
G Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 4