Digital Audio Player connection to A/V Receiver for audio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

r.quisenberry

Prominent
Nov 11, 2017
Greetings:

I have a Pioneer Pionner XDP-300B-R audio DAP that has 3 output connector: 2.5 mm 4 pole balanced headphone output (Line out mode), 3.5 mm 3 pole unbalanced headphone output (Line out mode) and a Micro USB /OTG port (for charging and data transfer). It also has, of course, bluetooth. I would like to connect this to my Denon AVR-S920W A/V Reciever which primarily uses HDMI, RCA and optical connections (no USB) for inpt. My question is about connecting the player to the receiver. Can I use some sort of converter to use an HDMI port on the receiver?

Thanks

Solution
That DAP supports analog audio output so the unbalance headphone out (line out mode) is one way to connect it. You can't use HDMI. There is another option you can try.
Check the owners manual of the receiver. You may be able to connect the micro USB to the front panel USB port on the receiver. It may be seen as an iPOD or it you set the DAP to usb drive mode the receiver may see it as a drive and let play the files. Then you could use a USB drive instead of the DAP.
That DAP supports analog audio output so the unbalance headphone out (line out mode) is one way to connect it. You can't use HDMI. There is another option you can try.
Check the owners manual of the receiver. You may be able to connect the micro USB to the front panel USB port on the receiver. It may be seen as an iPOD or it you set the DAP to usb drive mode the receiver may see it as a drive and let play the files. Then you could use a USB drive instead of the DAP.

Solution

r.quisenberry

Prominent
Nov 11, 2017

Thanks. This was helpful. As you suggested, I'm able to make connection via the unbalanced headphone output. The USB option, however, is not working. I have used the Deonon USB port to connect to my iPod, but no luck with the Android device. I have tried using both standard and OTG cables as well as USB settings on the Android device.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.