digital to analogue

mcharlesb

Commendable
Jul 25, 2016
What is best method to connect digital tv- hdmi or optical out (LG OLED B7)out to a high end analogue amplifier (Arcam A38) ?

mcharlesb

Commendable
Jul 25, 2016
I believe this device you recommend would convert through only a coax cable from TV to analogue cable out to the amp. Am I correct? If so I would need a different converter device. I have not yet purchased the new LG TV. I believe it has only an optical out. My current wiring is simply like this: TV analogue audio out to Amp analogue in.
I also have an Arcam DAC and was wondering if it might be better to use it rather than a new converter. It is currently set up as follows, and used for music only with Sonos : 'Sonos Connect ' Coax out to DAC plus analogue out from DAC back to Arcam Amp. The DAC also has an optical and USB input - but the optical port is faulty. I was wondering if the optical (if I can get if fixed) or the usb would work for the TV to Amp through the DAC? And would that be a bettersolution than a

mcharlesb

Commendable
Jul 25, 2016

mcharlesb

Commendable
Jul 25, 2016
i have not as yet purchased the TV, so don't know if I can set menu to PCM. From my other answer you can see I also have a good quality Arcam DAC used for music only. But the optical input is faulty. Probably I should get a new converter. but if the TV does not have a PCM setting, what do you advise to audiophile sound?