directv setup from canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaylen96

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
hi im new to this site. i live in canada and i bought the directv system and i want to activate it. we have an address in florida. can somebody assist me or help me in this process. i would love some help. thanks randy. if i activate it i could get the bill sent to florida and forwarded to canada. can i activate it from canada and give them my florida address.

dcmginc

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
hi im new to this site. i live in canada and i bought the directv system and i want to activate it. we have an address in florida. can somebody assist me or help me in this process. i would love some help. thanks randy. if i activate it i could get the bill sent to florida and forwarded to canada. can i activate it from canada and give them my florida address.

You can do that. I'm using my address in Maine so I can have my directv at my Canadian address. Once you get it setup you can register online to receive your bills by email so there isn't a need to worry about paper bills. I have a US bank account so its not a big deal to pay the bill for me. I don't know if a Canadian credit card would work on their online payments at directv.com since I've never tried it.

seabach

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007
you can buy the recievers off ebay lots of the suppliers will ship to canada you will need a phone sytem to call dtv as the number is blocked in canada like vonge or iconnect and yes your canadian credit card will work
i have been setting dtv up in canada for a long time :hello:

frodbonzi

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
Do a google search for the Coolsat 8100.... they have a canadian website as well... get yourself a box, a satellite dish, and away you go...

Don't even need to pay monthly fees :)

The catch is... you need to find a site that gives you firmware updates every time the encryption keys change... but that's not too difficult... you can then get DirecTV AND Bell Expressvu, plus any other FTA channels...

G

WOW this guy is out of touch!...first directv and bell expressvu are two different systems..one is dss and the other dbs, so therefore you can`t receive both satellites using the same piece of equipment. Second it is called satellite theft when you use a box that by-passes encription to gain channels and contrary to the posters assertions these companies DO NOT provide fta (free to air) programming. The poster was looking for a way to subscribe to dtv in canada, and I can assure all who read this that a coolsat will not pick up dtv programming AT ALL!

frodbonzi

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
Risestar: at the date of my post, it was QUITE possible... so before you bash my post, I suggest you do some research... plenty of boxes are able to decode BOTH dishnet and bell.... of course, now almost all channels are encrypted using n3, and most of those boxes are non-functional...

Of course, there are still ways to get BOTH... try google my mis-guided friend...

wgruesho

Distinguished
May 3, 2010

have you tried dssfpt and got service

no but i hear bad things about hem i hav enot heard of anyone getting whatthey ordered and service is bad

G

How can I get all the information to get set up to recieve in Canada.
john

briffdogg

Distinguished
May 15, 2010
Yes please, i would like to get off this IKS up and down stuff and pay for a directv sub, but to activate they need an installer to come to the subscription address, i have an address and can buy a receiver, but how can i get around this installer coming over business, please help?

pussykats100

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010

Dear Sir, I live in Niagara Falls, canada, How do I activatea direct dish or dish newtork dish.I don't have a address in USA

Pussykats100@live.ca

wgruesho

Distinguished
May 3, 2010

pussycat how do i get service i am willling to pay can one trust dssftp??? anyone had service withthem

G

Do you have to have a direct tv HD dish in order to have HD access on a directv HD receiver?

peterl38

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.